• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having Trouble With Roland?

ofiexpertos

Not defending or going against Roland, but while all machines/equipment have their problems, I think a much larger number don't.

Like others have said, ours is a true workhorse and has made us literally 100's of 1,000's of dollars over the years, if not more into millions. Other than routine maintenance, which we don't always perform, I cannot say anything against Roland. Other then their first PC50, their machines are great.... especially for the price. The cost of that machine, maintenance is a drop in the bucket compared to what it's provided.

It's kinda hard for a company of their size to fix each and every problem that comes along. Whether you take responsibility and do it yourself, to make sure your business doesn't suffer, look at all the cars that get recalled. So many things today get recalls to fix safety problems. Not knowing what's wrong with either of the two posters machines, you can probably find tenfold several times over that amount who have nothing but good things to say about them.

As for the OP, keeping a good paper trail should've remedied your problem, but waiting 2 years is a long time to be telling someone their stuff doesn't work and just waiting. Most people today, rather than starting a hate column, would fix it right up front. Just think, though....... had you bought a second machine, you could've made some big bucks, rather than waiting so long. You have to weigh out which costs more..... another $25,000 machine..... or giving up $150,000 a year in prints and cutting ??

This is no place to air your dirty laundry, but it would be nice to know how many times it went back and forth with you and Roland over the time period you are talking about. I would allow for a week, two at most, then I'd be getting in THEIR face, not making a website about them. Sure, you'll get followers, but with more people that don't care if their business suffers from it or not.
Not defending or going against Roland, but while all machines/equipment have their problems, I think a much larger number don't.

Like others have said, ours is a true workhorse and has made us literally 100's of 1,000's of dollars over the years, if not more into millions. Other than routine maintenance, which we don't always perform, I cannot say anything against Roland. Other then their first PC50, their machines are great.... especially for the price. The cost of that machine, maintenance is a drop in the bucket compared to what it's provided.

It's kinda hard for a company of their size to fix each and every problem that comes along. Whether you take responsibility and do it yourself, to make sure your business doesn't suffer, look at all the cars that get recalled. So many things today get recalls to fix safety problems. Not knowing what's wrong with either of the two posters machines, you can probably find tenfold several times over that amount who have nothing but good things to say about them.

As for the OP, keeping a good paper trail should've remedied your problem, but waiting 2 years is a long time to be telling someone their stuff doesn't work and just waiting. Most people today, rather than starting a hate column, would fix it right up front. Just think, though....... had you bought a second machine, you could've made some big bucks, rather than waiting so long. You have to weigh out which costs more..... another $25,000 machine..... or giving up $150,000 a year in prints and cutting ??

This is no place to air your dirty laundry, but it would be nice to know how many times it went back and forth with you and Roland over the time period you are talking about. I would allow for a week, two at most, then I'd be getting in THEIR face, not making a website about them. Sure, you'll get followers, but with more people that don't care if their business suffers from it or not.

ofiexpertos

Hello,
After many test, I can give the solution to the lost connection of your Roland VP300 and VP540.
I Repair the Mainboard and you won't have to spend so much money as a new main board.
Contact me at comercial@ofiexpertos.com or +3462927439 for whatsapp.
Hope I can help to make your VP's work again As soon as Possible.
Regards.

CanuckSigns

Hello,
After many test, I can give the solution to the lost connection of your Roland VP300 and VP540.
I Repair the Mainboard and you won't have to spend so much money as a new main board.
Contact me at comercial@ofiexpertos.com or +3462927439 for whatsapp.
Hope I can help to make your VP's work again As soon as Possible.
Regards.

You dug up a 6 year old thread to try and sell your services without a merchant membership, nice

netsol

How much money does it take to fix a Roland? This is not a joke.

First, let me say I am not a Roland hater. My stories started about 6 months a go. My VP540 started disconnecting from the network. Progressively, over the next six months, it got worse and worse. Now I can't finish a print at all. Researching this problem, I can see a lot of others have had the same problem. Roland has to know about the problem. I just called the local service rep, and ask about the problem. Once he understood the problem, and before I could even finish explaining, he told me what was needed. A NEW MAIN BOARD... it will now cost me some where in the neighborhood of $2000 to fix. How much money and business have I lost trying to remedy the problem?

What I ask is, Is Roland doing any thing about the problem, so that I will feel comfortable about purchasing another one when the time comes? (this is my second) I have seen nothing about Roland addressing the problem. No, think about it. How many main boards have they sold as replacements for their problem? How much money have they profited from just the sales of replacement boards that fix the problem, that is theirs to begin with.

How long would your customers stay with you if you treated them this way?

Thanks, for letting me vent.

first, is your problem with roland, or your roland reseller?

i know NOTHING about your particular problem, but often this symptom has
more to do with microsoft's obsession with power management ( it borders on the
pathological)

have you verified that your router has all power management disabled?
on the rip pc, go to settings, system, power, set go to sleep to NEVER
Since i don't know your pc, look for advanced settings (hibernate, etc)

now, go to device manager, network adapter, power management
uncheck, allow windows to turn this device off to save power (WHY DOES THIS SETTING EXIST???)

microsoft has repeatedly turned this option on, as part of windows updates
this is only a minor annoyance for office clients, printing on a 2 cent sheet of paper,
not so for us...

and, just to humor me, setup a "ping" in an attempt to keep the printer active

open a command prompt, start>run>cmd
type in ping followed by the ip address of your printer (example: ping 192.168.1.95 -t)
hit enter

leave it replying for the whole day.
this activity thwarts misguided attempts to save energy

PM me if uou want to pursue this further, if you think i am on the right track
nothing more frustrating than spending $2000 on a system board and finding that wasn't the issue.