• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HD Takeup System on my Falcon 2.....has anyone ever set one up correctly?

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi All, I hope business is well for everyone,

Has anyone correctly calibrated a HD takeup system on a falcon 2? I have one, and it LOOKS great, but it will not roll anything up straight, and ends up causing head strikes after about 8' of material winding up!! I would like to be able to send big jobs and let the HD takeup system actually take it up!!

All of the LED's and everything work, but no matter what I do, one side of the media up front gets really tight, and the other side is very loose.

Anyone who has worked with these knows that this takeup system keeps the material very tight, so when one side of the media is pulling super tight, and one side is loose....and this starts to happen after only a couple feet.

Any thoughts or help on this?

Thanks, James

jr_tech

hi randy and onlyjames, would you please share details on how to perform this alignment. I have a take-up system that walks more on one side also. It happens after about 8 feet or so, but is very annoying as I can't just leave the printer for too long without worry. thanks. -jr

ProWraps

i had one, and dont anymore, but i agree please post for the masses. i can say that with any take up system, it is very important how you tape the media to the roll. i know its stupid, but we have had cores spin due to how the material was unevenly taped to the roll.

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
I have tried everything as far as starting the takeup....dead even, tape in the middle, tape on the middle and sides, just the sides, pulling one side a little tighter....ect ect, but always, in a few feet, the left side is loose and the right side is tight and Im well on my way to a very nice head strike!!

Im going to run the alignment test......but once I do, is there any way to tell what part of the takeup system is actually off? Ie. the bottom feeders, or the rear rollers that the media runs through...

Thanks,

randya

Make sure you use a non-stretch material, we use polyester.

You can do this for the feed AND take up and ANY rollers in the system.
You will have to do a process of elimination.