• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Alignment

Have a Mutoh 1204 V2.00. Will not recharge the head. I have checked for air leaks and the pump is working. I believe the alignment on the head is off and it is not getting suction on the head. I have call tech support and all they will tell me is check the alignment and i have over and over from what i can see it looks good but when on capping assembly it will not pull any ink through. Anyone have any suggestion on what to do or who to call for service in southeast GA.

Make sure the head sit properly before put screw the cover. you carefully look and let the head assembly properly it will work. good luck.

RG

I don't think head "alignment" is your problem. Just make sure that the bottom of the head is parallel to the platen. How old is the cap top? Did you just replace the head, cap top, or maintenance station? With the cap top removed, can you push cleaning fluid through the pump freely,both tubes? With the cap top removed, can you push fluid backwards through the 2 black tubes that carry ink from the cap top to the pump? And, check the 3rd tube under the cap top (the tube that carries nothing but air) and make sure it is not plugged up. Air should flow through it freely. With the cap top removed, slide the carriage back near its resting position, look at the head from beneath it, and see if it needs cleaning with a wet swab. Lastly, take a clean swab, saturate it with cleaning fluid, and moisten the rubber on the cap top that comes in contact with the head. Then try the "little charge." Good luck.