• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Cleaning causes nozzles plugged - Head 1 drips.

brycesteiner

Got a Xenons R180
I believe we are finally ready for production print but have a few questions. We have an issue with nozzles being plugged. See the picture:
IMG_0164.jpg
This is even with many head cleanings. With a suggestion of the seller they said to pull the ink after the pumps with syringe and we did. Next it printed nearly perfect with only 3 nozzles or so that weren't spraying. it looked great. So we ran a head cleaning and then it came back out just like before. Strange. Why would the this happen.
The seller also suggested the machine may not be grounded right. He said grounding is very important. When the electrician installed the power he made sure there was ground to the plug and the cord and we have connected that way. Does it need more grounding? Is that a major issue?
Anyway another thing is ink drips from the first head after several feet of printing. See picture:
dripping ink.jpg
What does that mean?
Thanks for any ideas.

netsol

grounding is very important, but...

grounding is very important for lots of reasons, protecting sensitive electronics that are very difficult to repair. that being said, i would bet a. years pay it has nothing to do with yourhead clogging problem. sounds more like a seller trying to obscure the idsue with that print head

brycesteiner

grounding is very important for lots of reasons, protecting sensitive electronics that are very difficult to repair. that being said, i would bet a. years pay it has nothing to do with yourhead clogging problem. sounds more like a seller trying to obscure the idsue with that print head
I think that too.
As for grounding, does it need more than the grounding in the power line?
I'm beginning to think there is a vacuum leak and the ink is receding back in the line over night or at a cleaning. Then I start it up doesn't print but after a couple times it does start and gets better with each run.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Sounds like a problem with the capping station seal or a weak pump. Could also be leaking dampers, but I don't think so.

brycesteiner

Is this a new printer, or did you buy it used?
It was new but the support is awful from China. I learned a big lesson on this machine, but I still need to get it working. With or without them. it's a Xenons R180. It's built well, but small issues are big problems. We have learned a lot though. I may be able to become a tech on these soon :smile:
It took 4 months for them to recognize that there was a problem with the USB motherboard even though we told them it was not communicating correctly the entire time (constant disconnects and offline). They did send us a new one that got us further. They sent a USB 2 cable instead of a USB 3. They insisted we use the cable sent, but it must be USB3. 2 fits in the 3 slot but 3 has an extended end. It certainly has been frustrating.

WEmborski

On our CET, when the ink drips during printing that means that the vacuum pressure in the heads is too low. It isn't holding the ink in the heads and it is leaking out. This also causes printing issues because there is too much ink in the nozzles, it gets in it's own way and the spray can't get past itself, so it looks like the nozzles aren't firing. Different printer, but the problems seem comparable. Check your vacuum hose lines and connections.