• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head cleaning process?

geckophoto

when you clean the heads on your SP300v I have the cover off it and watch the steps, the caps lower and does it shoot ink out into the caps, then go over to the wipers to scrub them, then it does the cycle again. It will also raise the caps and sound like it is sucking down the ink at times.

I just wonder how it actually cleans the heads/nozzles in this process, as I have a few nozzles starting to clog as shown in my other post.

In the past I took drain bottle off, clipped tube off, moved heads over so I can fill caps with cleaner to do a soak, then remove clip and do a cleaning, but have had ink draw up into the wrong side, like m go into y side and I need to flush it out to color print right. Anyone know why that happens? Reverse flow of ink UP into other color?