• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Cleaning Tip

mendoclothing

Thanks

THanks for all of the advice, especially Jet for the photos and instructions.
Did what you said and it seems to have worked. I still have a little dot drop out on the test print of the cyan. Do you know a good way to fix that? I have done a couple of cleanings, but still have not done a more powerful cleaning, because of the talk of damaging the heads. Do you think i should do a more powerful cleaning or something else?
thanks again

sfr table hockey

I've got 3 black lines missing. Will this help?

On my Epson 3000 print heads once and a while when the waterbased printer sat for a long while, I would get a couple missing spots that just would not come back with even several cleanings. What I do is first fill the capps with cleaning fluid and re set the heads back over the station. Let sit for a half hr or more and then do a normal cleaning or two. If still no luck I have taken a clean cleaning stick and wet it with cleaning fluid and pushed it up under the print head in the area of the missing sopts ie: Bl or cy or mg. I know they do say don't touch the bottom of the heads but I do not rub them, just lightly push up on the cleaning swab. This has always recovered the missing dots.

Do take care and be aware that you could cause damage if the heads are rubbed but then again what does the wiper do everytime the heads move over it. Also my heads are only a little over $100 so not a big loss if they don't come back.

Theo

Vp540

Advice please... my yellow just stopped and prints extreamly light looks like magenta. Can this be a head or any advice please please?

artbot

valves with t fittings above and below

this is a similar set up:

lengthened lines with valves and t's hanging permanently out of the machine. allows holding the cleaning fluid without realeasing it into the pump. also a valve with a t-fitting above and below lets you pull vacuum/ink into the head from the ink supply purging or searching for bubbles (that would diagnose bad capping seal) and also close off the pump side to see if you are getting a good vacuum in the closed position.

Attachments

• pump_replumb.jpg
    pump_replumb.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 104

kffernandez

hi jet. i really appreciate you posting something so simple and yet so practical. i've been thinking of modifying a container just to soak the heads. but the simplicity of this just takes the cake.

you mentioned that i could attach a syringe to the drain hose for those stubborn clogs. my question is: how much force could i use to suck the ink out? i've read from other posts that too much pressure might damage the print head.

now, we don't have any way to measure pressure here, but when you pull - about how many ml/cc of do you target immediately? or do you just slowly suck ink out?

thanks!

kelly