• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Crash ??

kustom.printing

What is the best printer for us next, I want a printer I can sit at my pc and work on the next job while it prints.

I am getting sick to the teeth of watching my VP 540 from beginning to end.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Must be something your doing wrong, crap material or heat settings.

I'd address the issue before shopping...

Pro Image

Im running 27 3x8 banners off my ValueJet ......I have been out to eat and back now Im reading the board and watching a movie.......Set the head height to high and said goodbye........

cdiesel

We routinely print 150' and 164' rolls without issues on our Pro III's. Had a 30" Versacamm awhile back, and never had any issues with that either.

When you're getting head strikes, what exactly is happening? Is the media buckling in the middle? Is it getting off-track and buckling from the side? What media are you printing? What are your heat settings? Are you using the (I forget what they're actually called) little wheels that go in the ends of the media on the feed side? I assume you're using a take-up reel; how are you attaching it to the core? Give us some more info and we may be able to help diagnose the problem.

signwizz

when u walk away from a roland have you ever had the material fold on its self and stick together if so how doi prevent this without the cost of a take up reel
thanx shane

cdiesel

You don't.. buy the reel. :)

We used to a LONG time ago tape the vinyl to a rolling chair, and roll it farther and farther from the printer. What a PITA that was!

kustom.printing

To be honest I worry too much , I have had the material come up at the start but that was my own fault.

I just don't trust £3000 worth of heads on there own.

How come these printers don't come with the same technology that is in other printers (anti-crash sensor) I would pay extra for that.

heyskull

I've had our valuejet nearly 2 years and had 3 head crashes.
Both times it was either wrong heat settings or the environment the machine was situated affecting the material.
We run the machine at the higher head setting.
I agree an anti crash sensor would be good also.
I see you are also in the UK and fitting a new head is very expensive here.

SC