• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

head damage

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you run out of ink and put a new cartridge in it should not be a problem. If by run out of ink you mean the the cartridge, ink line, damper and head do not have ink in them, you can cause the head to over heat and that will damage it. Usually you will get an error that tells you that. Other than that you could have dried up ink in the head that will cause it to clog.

We have ink in the damper lines and replaced the head and dampers this morning. We can still not draw ink from behind the printer. Any suggestions?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh, thank goodness, we're talking about printers. I suddenly had a sick feeling in my gut after reading the title...........

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you are trying to draw ink down from below the capping station, you should be able to pull the syringe out, let go and it will snap back. If you pull the syringe, let go and it does not snap back, your cap top is not sealing with the head properly. Check to make sure the capping station is seated properly and that it is as clean as can be. Also check for any cracks or divots in the rubber seal on the cap top. If the seal is damaged you will need to get a new one. Sometimes just wetting the cap top with cleaning solution will help create the initial seal you need to get it going. Also make sure the head is not tilted or higher than the other heads making it unable to come in contact with the cap.