• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head error 07 - not cable related FIXED!

ruckusman

Would just like to share my success in case it helps others.

I was getting an Error07 _____*__ on my JV22.

Brief rundown;
Tried the cable swaps with the next adjoining head as well as swapping the cables between left/right & top bottom between the same position in the slider board. No success.

So I figured I may as well disassmeble the head from the head plate and remove the manifold.
Well what I found was a fair amount for built up and partially dried ink.

Gave it a few soaks in luke warm distilled water (the inks were aqueous dye) and a dash of Windex (the american equivalent in simple green).

I did notice that there 20 or so data lines going into the actual head and there was a good amount of ink built up in this reqion, which is between the outlets from the manifold into the head itself. You have to remove the firm rubber cover after removing the manifold to see this.

Anyway got the head looking as new and gave it a dunk in isoproply alcohol and left it dry overnight.

next morning gave it a thorough rinse in isopropyl alcohol and allowed it to dry thoroughly before installing it.

Bingo - no more hear errors.

My theory was that there may have either been a damaged/corroded data line or a short causing the error. I was prepared to go much further to determine which data line was at issue had my cleaning not worked, but it wasn't necessary.

Looking at the number of data lines on the circuit board, the number of data lines that go into the actual head assembly;
I'd say the nozzle controller chip is in encapsulated within the head unit itself and safe from pretty much anything, so long as the data is being received.

Hope this helps someone

peace out

Glenn

Last edited: