Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head Issue

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Engstrom Graphics, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Engstrom Graphics

Engstrom Graphics sniperhockeydesigns

Roland SP-300V
    Versaworks

Test Print and Pic of print just created. Black and change of color I notice a lot of little streaks (as pictured). Also just noticed it is doing it when I printed some maroon numbers.

Did a powerful clean, and a manual clean. I’ve also searched the forum but looking for specific expertise from you guys.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    Using one ink? How clean is the cap top? How does the wiper blade look? Did you agitate the ink before installing?

3. Engstrom Graphics

Always have used genuine Roland Eco Sol Max Ink. Cap tops and wiper blades (replaced not too long ago) have some build up I would say......And yes always do so before installing the cartridge.

Thank you!!

4. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    Is the printer on carpet?
    The maroon looks like static
    The black is showing deflection..have you run a choke cleaning?

Plug a cleaning cartridge in and run a few cleaning..it very well could be the head

5. Engstrom Graphics

Yes printer is on carpet - has been for years. Do you recommend putting a mat under the wheels?

I do have a cleaning cartridge - I will put that into the black. Any special instructions or just do a powerful cleaning a few times then re-insert the black cartridge?

Thank you!!