• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Life?

ABHDesigns

Just wondering how long has your head lasted? We are running a Mutoh 1604 Valuejet....It has had the same head for 4yrs. Talking with a Mutoh tech the other day he said that Mutoh suggests replacing the head every year....LMAO!!! Approx $2000 every year. But IN REALITY....We all expect it to last longer....SO I thought I would ask the question: "How long Have you had the same head?" And please add the printer you are running.
Thanks, Angela

randya

The head is rated for some 8 billions drops per nozzle, if memory serves me.

I have customers who do good maintenance and get 4 years out of it.

macmedia

You should get much more than 1 year for these new types of printheads.
We have worked on dozens of these machines and at the minimum you should get 2-3 years on these with frequent printing. The longevity of the head is directly related to the amount of maintenance. If you keep the heads clean, the captops clear and with a good seal, the ink reservoir in the back full of ink (don't let it go dry), you should get a good life out of the heads.

henryp

The more printing you do, the longer the printheads will last. I have clients that print almost non stop, the head counters on their printers have been reset 2 times and are still going ok. In my experience, printers that sit idle for sometime coupled with poor printer maintenance is the main reason why head nozzles to clog up.