• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head mis-registration ("3D-like" glow)

I have a JV3-160SP, and I recently noticed a "3D like" effect on solid colors that use both yellow and cyan, example here is shown with a 4color black.

All my tests seem to look ok, not sure what adjustments I need to do to get this issue resolved. This machine is over 4 years old, but the issue just started about a week ago.

Any help would be appreciated...

-Matt

*edit* this photo is actually rotated, from output looking at machine, the cyan would be on your right, yellow on your left.

Attachments

• mimaki-3d-effect.jpg
    mimaki-3d-effect.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 77

housemusikid

This is a printhead alignment issue. Unless you know how to make the adjustments and have a lupe, I suggest a technician for this.

dmcprint

I can't imagine this being anything other than a print head alignment issue. Aligning a print head on a JV3 is a combination of manual and electronic adjustments done in a particular sequence. I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you are experienced and have a great set of instructions. Even if you happen to have a service manual, the instructions for this procedure are not very good.

MikePro

you're lucky... left/right misalignment can be taken care of in the service mode. check your manual how to perform this.

outta whack up/down requires you to loose-fit your heads to do a mechanical alignment (essentially a printhead re-install) followed by a service mode alignment.

housemusikid

First, you need a lupe. If you do not have one, then this cannot be done accurately. You will have to choose which pattern fits each printhead with the lupe. This process is about an hour. That is why if you have no idea what you are doing, get a technician. Trust me. :wink:

MikePro

prnadjust, yup. a lupe (magnifying glass) helps a TON! Otherwise a keen eye will get you close enough to keep rolling better off than where you're at now. remember, in alignments... you DON'T ADD to the value, you REPLACE the value.

worked perfectly, I kind of knew this was the case, but I know its a tedious process I didn't want to deal with. dint change any of the "fine" settings but dont print on fine anyway, so left those alone...