• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head pausing

ykaldes

Anybody using Versa with XJ640 have this experience: the printer is pausing every so often for a few seconds and then continue back printing? Anybody know what this could be? I'm using the most up to date version and this happen from time to time - not on all jobs.
take a look at this video:http://vimeo.com/34707160

ykaldes

Never do that. Always RIP and then print one task at the time. The computer is clean with no internet connection (only manual connect), no virus programs - just Versa Acrobat and operating system. 4GB memory 2.3 Intel...go figure!

Sticky Signs

I was having the same issue with large files. Tried new cable and even a new network card. The card helped a bit but not much. My old PC died so I got a new one and the problem has been solved. It's definitely a data flow issue. Open your task manager and click on network (the one that looks like a heart monitor). You will see the information being sent drop to zero just before the printer pauses. Than it'll spike and the print will continue.
I wish I new the exact cause of the problem but like I said, a new comp fixed the issue for me.