• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head problem on sp300

enzo972

enzojmfstickertuning
hi all,

Hello everybody,
I just put 1 new printhead (black/cyan) on my Roland SP300, the print test was good on the day and after 3 days it has deteriorated, can you tell me why?
I also change the damper, the wipers and captop.
Thank you for your help.

the first day :
attachment.php

three days after :
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 185
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 163

kffernandez

your capping station might not be capping properly. but given that your cyan seems to look ok, my bet is on your black ink messing up your head.
are you using original inks?

kelly

enzo972

enzojmfstickertuning
your capping station might not be capping properly. but given that your cyan seems to look ok, my bet is on your black ink messing up your head.
are you using original inks?

kelly

Thx for your help.
I use the original ink at roland with 440cc cartridges. My black cartridge is almost over, do you think its come from? Yet when I pull the syringe, its does not improve.

kffernandez

Thx for your help.
I use the original ink at roland with 440cc cartridges. My black cartridge is almost over, do you think its come from? Yet when I pull the syringe, its does not improve.

assuming that your capping station is capping properly, those deflections almost always would mean that your ink is destroying your head. that is a classic case of what happens when you use unoptimized third party inks. [yes, i am on third party inks]

what i would recommend is that you contact your machine/ink supplier, and show them your test prints. since you are using original inks, they should sort it out.

kelly

enzo972

enzojmfstickertuning
assuming that your capping station is capping properly, those deflections almost always would mean that your ink is destroying your head. that is a classic case of what happens when you use unoptimized third party inks. [yes, i am on third party inks]

what i would recommend is that you contact your machine/ink supplier, and show them your test prints. since you are using original inks, they should sort it out.

kelly

Hello,
What can be done to improve the impression of the dark? put a new cartridge black? Its been a while since I have not changed the black cartridge because I do not print much, that his could come from? you have a procedure to unclog the printhead?
thank you very much

kffernandez

Hello,
What can be done to improve the impression of the dark? put a new cartridge black? Its been a while since I have not changed the black cartridge because I do not print much, that his could come from? you have a procedure to unclog the printhead?
thank you very much

well, it is quite possible that expired ink could potentially damage the print head.

as for unclogging print heads, people here usually recommend head soaks, and pulling ink through the heads. but personally, what i do, is figure out what is causing the head issue first. [that is why you need an official tech] fix that, and then just keep using the head. if the clogs aren't that bad, they usually clear up after running lots of ink through them, or your usual cleaning cycles. head soaks doesn't seem to work for me, as they tend to damage my heads even more. :(

kelly

enzo972

enzojmfstickertuning
well, it is quite possible that expired ink could potentially damage the print head.

as for unclogging print heads, people here usually recommend head soaks, and pulling ink through the heads. but personally, what i do, is figure out what is causing the head issue first. [that is why you need an official tech] fix that, and then just keep using the head. if the clogs aren't that bad, they usually clear up after running lots of ink through them, or your usual cleaning cycles. head soaks doesn't seem to work for me, as they tend to damage my heads even more. :(

kelly

it's still weird that it only black who kidding. I will put a new cartridge today and I'll print several lengths of black to see if its getting better and I'll let you know. Otherwise, I'll head to soak in cleaning fluid.