• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Problems. Need suggestions.

signcrafters

Black head has issues.
Soaked head. Bled line. Several heavy cleanings.
Any suggestions?

Soljet 545ex.

Thanks.

Attachments

• kHead.jpg
    kHead.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 58

DravidDavid

That head looks good! Haha :)

Not much you can do after a soak and bleeding the lines. New head time. Or you could lower your "It looks good" standard haha :)

phototec

replaced caps on Roland 545ex < 1 year ago.
Thanks

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago on my SP-540v, I had changed cap tops last October, after my post on Signs101, it was suggested that I change the cap tops so I did and now my nozzles are firing at 100% now.

I was very surprised to learn that the cap tops only last about 6-9 months because the black rubber looses it's shape and the cap top does NOT make a seal against the head to allow the pump to pull ink through the head (at least in my case) for cleanings and keeps the head from drying out.

As soon as I changed the cap tops and did ONE cleaning, I started to notice improvement, then within 24 hours I was back to normal, it seamed like magic. I just can't express enough how important it is to have GOOD cap tops to prevent clogged and deflected nozzles.

:thumb:

CS-SignSupply

While you are replacing captop(s), you should make sure the wipers and scraper are in good condition.

If not, do your maintenance.

signcrafters

Thanks for the support.
Changed the caps, cleaned the heads, wipers replaced....
Nothing changed.

Looks like a new head is in my future.

Thanks again!

phototec

Looks to me the head is too far gone to recover completely, even with new Roland OEM caps.

Question?

Do you ONLY sell Roland OEM cap tops or after market?

The reason I'm asking, the last ones you sent me had NO markings or part number on the packageing, they were in a plain plastic bag that was not even sealed. Another 101'er told me his Roland cap tops came in a plastic bag with a Roland part number on it.
:help