• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Replacement issues

Knep

Got the new head today, cant get the old one out, I have loose but cant get it rotated out, any suggestions? here is a pic...

Attachments

• 0803101803.jpg
    0803101803.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 85

Knep

I have read the Maintenance Man. too, It got me this far, but guess I may have missed a step maybe...

artbot

if they are much like roland dx2, you of course have to take out the little screw. but after that the back portion rocks up and forward, if i remember correctly (as if a hing is on the front of the head). they can be very hard to get back in too. you will either get it right on the first try or bang the poor thing around forever swearing the new one doesn't fit.

Knep

this machine has put millions of new gray hairs in my head since april and im only 30!...Screws are out and it have it up, just cant get the darn thing moved out..like its not up quite far enough...

artbot

from what i've been told by printer techs, the dx2's don't really really need head ranks. i once had a long discussion with a tech (he rebuilt epsons for living), he said he mixed and matched head ranks on dx2 and couldn't tell a difference in print quality with a loop. so, for what it's worth... if the print looks good, and the customer is happy.... i wouldn't sweat it if you just don't have it.

tomence

I know it is PITA to replace those heads i just did both of them and man was it tough. There should be numbers on the side of the head they marked with black marker so you may not see them. Look good on both sides of the head.

tomence

Call the place where you bought the head they should either exchange it or it they keep records of the heads they sell they may give you the head rank numbers. The ones i got i bought them from http://www.nationalparts.com/ and they both had numbers on them. Part number for the black printhead is F056030 and for the color head is F055090. Black Head is $55.92 and Color Head is $100.95 if you ever need to buy any. Cheapest place for capping station is either SignWarehouse or there was a Merchant Member here i don't know what his user name is but they had both the same prices around $80