• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Replacement on my Mutoh?

Steve C.

This is as good as it get on my nozzle check. Do I need a head replacement?
Where can I get instructions or videos? Search on here has not shown me
much.

Attachments

• nozzelchk.jpg
    nozzelchk.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 83

HaroldDesign

I'd recommend having a tech replace it. If you have A LOT of downtime you could give it a shot, and have it serviced if you can't get it quite right, but you're better off paying and getting back to running quality prints.

Steve C.

I'd recommend having a tech replace it. If you have A LOT of downtime you could give it a shot, and have it serviced if you can't get it quite right, but you're better off paying and getting back to running quality prints.

Business is real slow... I have a lot of down time. I have replace the
Maintenance station before, I heard the hardest part of head replacement is
alignment. I'm willing to try.

It's not hard to change the print heads at all. Just take your time and dont forget to unplug the printer before you start taking it apart otherwise you will be replacing fuses also which is a little more tricky.

It's not that bad, I have replaced the heads on mine. It took me about 4 hours the first time I did it to replace heads, dampers and maintanence station. It should only me a couple of hours to do it again. Don't you have a Falcon Jr.? Do you have the maintanence manual? If not PM me.

Steve C.

Jim, I talked to Ron yesterday and he did not say anything about where to get
instructions. He did give me a price on the heads, which was astronomical
compared to other places I checked. I did not turn up anything on the link
you gave.

I have the Falcon Outdoor 46. How do I know if they are dx2 or dx3?

I saw them somewhere for $200 each, I think. I will also need a new
capping station. $160.

I might have a manual around somewhere....I'll look.

Jim Doggett

"I have the Falcon Outdoor 46. How do I know if they are dx2 or dx3? "

Ya got me! No idea. But if you can find parts cheaper, that's a no-brainer. Maybe the folks selling the parts can offer advice on DX2 v DX3 and how to install them.

Fingers crossed.

Jim

Yup they are the same then. Cant beat there prices, I picked up a spare pair of them just to have on hand because of the price. These are the same exact heads you will get from anywhere else.

tomence

Yes you can get the heads from http://www.nationalparts.com/Parts.aspx and the part number for the color head is F055090. You need two of them. $100.95 each. I have ordered from them before for my converted Roland and also for a Mutoh Falcon JR. They use the same heads. Don't worry just place an order.

Steve C.

I'd still like to fine Head Replacement Instructions for Dummies. The manual
seems rather vague and hard to follow.

Steve C.

Again, Anyone with more specific instruction?? preferably with pictures.
Honestly I don't think I can follow the instructions in the manual.

Please?