• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head soak

jprbsign

Any know how long is too long for soaking a print head, or is there such a thing? Would it be bad to soak one over a 3 day weekend? Running a Roland sc-545ex.

Thanks in advance

DravidDavid

Does it not depend how bad the head is?

We had previously soaked overnight with relatively good results considering the original condition of the head.

toomeycustoms

Longest we've done is overnight, with decent results on the same printer. I'm not sure how the head would "wick" the ink and drain your cartridge. You need to clamp the drain tube for the captop in order for the cleaning fluid to soak, so I don't see how any ink would drain.

jprbsign

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I always clamp the drain hose during the soak and do a cleaning cycle when I start it up the next morning after removing the clamp. The reason I ask is our black head has some drop out and results in streaks when 100% black is printed. I soak the head over night periodically and it gets a little better every time I soak it. This leads me to believe if I soak it for a longer period of time and on a more regular basis it may bring the head back to like new. I just don't want to damage the head beyond usability.

Thanks again,
Jason Pool