Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head Soak

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by ProColorGraphics, Sep 30, 2020.

1. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I have some stuck nozzles in the black on one of my heads, Epson S80. I am wondering what the proper way to do a head soak is? I have never had to do one before.

Thanks!!

Tags:
  2. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

As far as I know the Epson doesn't do head soaks. Just three levels of automatic cleaning, which include periods of soaking (all very short compared to what we had to do routinely on our Mimaki JV3)

3. specific

specific New Member

Jun 22, 2020
    USA
    I use a binder clip to pinch the lines going to the waste fluid pump, fill the cap head with cleaning solution, then slide the carriage back over to lock. If the head soak doesn't fix the problem, you might need to replace the cap head assy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    This is what I do except I use a forceep to close the lines. I prefer soaking the head in pure fluid rather than using a lint free cloth soaked in fluid like a lot of people do.

5. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Okay. Bigger problems than that, I keep getting the 1A39[SA003GA] error. And being 4 years old, I don't think its worth the $5500 price tag decision one quoted me to fix it.

6. Case

Case Member

Jul 21, 2004
    IN
    I had one with same error.... $5500 is the max cost to fix worst case scenario...... Mine was fixed for $2300.... by D1 that Epson uses.....

Case