• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

head strike when printing pvc

Signed Out

while printing on rigid pvc the media will not lay flat and head strike occurs. tried messing with media clamps and vacum power and had no luck. any other suggestions

drive

Flatbed with mercury lamps I assume? Heat expansion.
Try double sided sticky tape. Also try to start printing 6" from the leading edge if this is primarily occuring at the start of the print. This gives a larger area for the heat to disperse.

Signed Out

tried setting the heat on a lower setting and feeding out more of the media before heating. same result

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I HATE printing on that stuff on my Mimaki. When I do I pretty much have to shut the heaters off and set the head hight to thick.

Malkin

On our vp540 I set the head height to high, and feed the media out about 6-8 inches before printing. Turning the heat up might help, it probably depends on the brand.
I use Sihl 3508 18mil.

Signed Out

yeah high head height is the only way i can see this working i was trying to get away with using low head height and thought maybe someone had a trick or tip to help. thanks for all your input.