• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head strikes...Erhhh

zmatalucci

Had to replace my black print head today,,, seems as though I had one too many head strikes. You know what the funny thing about it is,,,, check out these numbers...
For a tech from Beacon to come clean encoder strip= $500
For a different tech to replace print head+labor= $625

Wow,, it seems as though I was raped before. Still pisses me off to this day!!

cartoad

I feel your pain, we recently had a print head (black) repaced, $600 for just the head, other assorted parts and labor another $500 or so, and custmers ask why it costs so much to do a print!

GK

HP9000s and the ColorPainters are worse so dont feel bad lol heads $1000-1250 depending on your supplier, and you can't change them out yourself without the jig to align them properly...anddd HP will not sell you the jig, so more money in labor. Luckily we have a monthly service contract with a tech in our area who really knows their stuff so we worked out some nice pricing with him.

zmatalucci

I feel your pain, we recently had a print head (black) repaced, $600 for just the head, other assorted parts and labor another $500 or so, and custmers ask why it costs so much to do a print!

Yeh, I came in at 625 locked and loaded, ready to print. I was pretty freaking happy! After spending 500 to clean an encoder strip, I thought I was doomed. Needless to say, after your warranty is up, make sure you shop around!!

Anybody in NJ looking for an excellent Roland tech,, shoot me a pm!