• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heads to capping station questions

lloyde_3

Hey all, few issues with the old mimaki jv3160sp.
Ok, quick summary... Four new heads, two new pump, new caps - line, bulk feed system. Question, when I do a ink fill or a normal clean the ink is not pulling through the lines from the capping station. I have followed down to the waste bucket and it seems to blow bubbles!! Is the capping station and head ament to have a seal when doing the ink fill as I have noticed it doesn't get a seal. From memory, I was sure when you did a head clean/ ink fill up it would draw the ink though nicely, seems not to be doing this, and I am guessing this is why I'm having a poor print quality.. Anyone help out???

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yes, the heads must both align to and seal well on the rubber caps. Otherwise the pumps will just suck air and you will never get ink flowing right. You might have to adjust the alignment of the capping station itself, possibly stretch the springs under each cap a little, even put a very very thin shim under the station. It is quite possible the new cap rubbers (if not OEM ones) are not quite up to the spec they should be.

gabagoo

Make sure when you turn the printer off that the head is over to the right side as far as it can go. My Mimaki is 7 years old and I have found that sometimes after cleaning and shutting down the printer I can actually move the carriage about 1/4 - 1/2" more to the right.