• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heads to capping station questions

lloyde_3

Hey all, few issues with the old mimaki jv3160sp.
Ok, quick summary... Four new heads, two new pump, new caps - line, bulk feed system. Question, when I do a ink fill or a normal clean the ink is not pulling through the lines from the capping station. I have followed down to the waste bucket and it seems to blow bubbles!! Is the capping station and head ament to have a seal when doing the ink fill as I have noticed it doesn't get a seal. From memory, I was sure when you did a head clean/ ink fill up it would draw the ink though nicely, seems not to be doing this, and I am guessing this is why I'm having a poor print quality.. Anyone help out???

lloyde_3

improper seal on the capping station?
did you do all the replacements or has a tech.?

Hey mike, I purchased the caps and installed myself. Un clipped the station and set caps in with springs and clipped back in. Have I missed something ??

capping issue

On a jv3 with the capping station it has to move into the right position to seal head, flash position for when the heads print a pass they come back across and spit into caps as well as the wipe position of head these all have to be set through capping station adjust through service mode. pm me for more info.