• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heads up for all auto owners

SignosaurusRex

never seen it around here

Just wait a while. They will simply add a side effect disclaimer like med commercials.

Another stunt (much like the 'Cash for Clunkers' deal) by the feds to get folks out of perfectly good older vehicles into new flex-fuel cars, thereby continuing to feed the corn farm subsidies which feeds the increase of growing and use of Genetically Modified Corn for not only fuel...but FOOD as well and will indirectly subsidize the auto industry both domestic and foreign.

WildWestDesigns

E15? I thought those low mixture renewable fuels was just biodiesel (B10 and B20). Around here we have E85.

You have 2 potential big concern areas with using renewable fuel:

1. The pipe work that the fuel flows through during it's delivery (from fuel tank to atomization right outside the injectors).

2. Programing of the ECM.

I would actually say the duck work on 2010 and later can handle the fuel, it's going to be the programming that's going to be the issue with this vehicles.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I hear even the older models of these run pretty good on grain based fuel.
The second one is the tuned convertible model with extra horsepower.....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• a-1.jpg
    a-1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 45
  • a-2.jpg
    a-2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 52

WildWestDesigns

I hear even the older models of these run pretty good on grain based fuel.
The second one is the tuned convertible model with extra horsepower.....

wayne k
guam usa

I think I'll stick to my own thank you.

Attachments

• Wagon.JPG
    Wagon.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 49

thewvsignguy

We have a somewhat older boat and the marinas warn NEVER to run straight E85 through our engine. Just to be on the safe side we put a additive in the tank everytime we fill up.

Mercury and other marine engine manufactures warn that running the E85 without the additive will destroy your engine in about 250 running hours. The problem from what little I have read about it is it eats away the rubber hoses and gaskets and really starts to gum up small holes and fuel and oil passages.

Why they claim it is OK to run is beyond me, stoopid....

cajun312

I'm lucky, within 10 miles there are four different stations that sell pure gas with no ethanol at all. Costs about 15 cents a gallon more but fuel mileage is better.

Hicalibersigns

Hey! I have a great idea. Instead of eating our food, let's make it into fuel for our cars instead. Makes gas cost less and food cost more! Idiocracy.

letterman7

Any fuel with ethanol (and that's most, currently) will damage engines that are not built for it. Rubber fuel lines, gaskets, injector seals - it all goes when exposed to ethanol. Even our low grade fuel here has 10% ethanol mixed in, there's no choice. It's hell on antique cars and lawn equipment...

knucklehead

Sad thing, we pay to have ethonol added to our gas, then we pay extra again, not to have it added. I'm fortunate to live by the lake, so there's plenty of non-alcoholic gas around.

We just disected a 1300.00 fuel pump on a big Yamaha outboard, it looked like someone poured chocolate fudge in it, the alcohol had ate it up so bad.

visual800

I live across from lawn mowwer shop and he said more and more smlal motors are tearing up because of the ethanol. The US GOVERNMENT sucks. Everything they do is half assed and forced. Drugs approved by the FDA and then recalled. Half assed testing. They suck. Every program they have sucks. I do appreciate the information as I will not be pumping this

cajun312

I've had two friends in the last couple of years that had fuel pump or injection issues on their vehicles, one a BMW, one a Ford pick up. Both dealers pulled a fuel sample from the vehicles tanks. Both were told that if the fuel had more ethanol than the law required, the warranty could be voided.

If you have a new vehicle under warranty be sure and keep a log of where you buy your fuel, if your fuel is over the limit and you can prove where you bought it, the station/wholesaler/refinery will be liable.

Same thing with bio diesel.

WildWestDesigns

I've had two friends in the last couple of years that had fuel pump or injection issues on their vehicles, one a BMW, one a Ford pick up. Both dealers pulled a fuel sample from the vehicles tanks. Both were told that if the fuel had more ethanol than the law required, the warranty could be voided.

Same thing with bio diesel.

Be careful with that. 6.0 and 6.4s (some 6.4s might still have warranty on them) will actually have their warranty voided even if you are still at or below the accepted B20 limit. I believe it's B5 ( I have never seen a commercial pump that had B5 on it, it's always been B20 here anyway) on Ford's warranty. Now the 6.7s are up to B20 if I recall correctly.

cajun312

I should have said, don't use a blend that's over the manufacturer limits. VW has also been voiding warranties for the B20, it really causes a lot of damage to the entire fuel system.

Graphics2u

Didn't that say it was available at only 10 stations in Iowa, Neb and Kansas? Not to likely to run accross it then.

Hard to believe that only a 5% increase would make all that much difference though.

I've been running 10% Ethanol since it became widely available in the 80's and early 90's. No problems what so ever related to fuel.

Maybe manufacturers should be more proactive about building cars capable of running these types of fuels. Obviously it can be done, since most all of them produce E85 vevicles. Seems like that would be easier.

Mosh

I use it with no problems...I think you have been FOX NOOZED!!!!
What do you think flex-fuel vehicles run on????