• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heads

zigns62

Is there a way to flush my heads on my VP 540 printer, I don't see a place on the board to flush. I'm going out of town for a week and i don't want the heads to plug up. What can i do?

Joe House

Just make sure that you leave the printer turned on while you are gone. If it's just a week, it will be fine as long as you're maintaining it properly. You may have to run a cleaning or 2, but the printer will run light cleanings daily while you're gone.

ikarasu

Install a VNC / Remote admin on your production computer, login every other day and run a cleaning. Or if you feel really worried, Tape it up to the take up reel and run a ft or two of prints every other day. I usually login on Sunday and run a cleaning at our work printer... Takes a whole 20-30 seconds. I don't know if it helps much, but it doesn't hurt.