• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

headstrike about 3ft into the print?

F80M3

Custom Title
I'm having a small issue

using Oracal 3651RA in my Mutoh 628 and after it prints about 3ft or so, I'm getting a head strike in the middle of the print for 1-2 passes then its fine again no more issues.....not sure how to resolve this. the vinyl doesnt SEEM to be bunching up, but it must be if its doing this....

extra info - I'm using Flexi 12 as my RIP

thoughts? suggestions?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Check your pinch rollers and/or heat settings. Take weight off the back of your feed roll. Allow no real tension in there.

F80M3

Custom Title
thanks for the replys..trying to figure out where to change the heat and coming up short.... I seem to only have 1 option to change in 2 places...but not sure which one is the one thats dictates what it should be... also i see people talk about pre/platen/post and i only seem to be able to adjust the platen not pre/post

any help is greatly appreciated!
maybe there is another place i'm supposed to do this in?

***EDIT*** looks like there is only 1 control for all 3 heaters...so what should i set it at do you think?

Media Drying System 3 heater zones: pre-heater, platen heater and afterheater. Single control : off, 30-45 °C

1st screen shot of Flexi 12 clicking the rip and print button > advanced > driver options screen

attachment.php

2nd screenshot is of the remote panel for the printer driver i think?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 2.49.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 2.49.35 PM.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 2.50.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 2.50.36 PM.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 130

F80M3

Custom Title
couldnt edit again...so its currently at 45C for the platen, I guess I should try bringing that down to 40? or should i go lower?