• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Headstrike on an XJ-640 - Blew a fuse, and now can't print Magenta

mharfouch

Hi all, first post, I'll try and make it a good one.

Had a head strike last week because we were sent a box of media which was different to what we usually used and the head carriage decided to take it's anger out on the media guide. Some how shorted the #3 head fuse, and momentarily killed that head until the fuse was replaced by the Roland tech.

Now, since he worked on the machine there has been two other problems -
1) Both Magentas (we don't use Lm or Lc, just 2 of each in a bulk ink system) are now printing badly even though one is in head 1 and the other in head 3, and for some reason I'm pulling 50/50 air to ink through with a syringe.

2) My cutting blade no longer goes down when I use the sheet cut - don't know why, just isn't working anymore.

Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks

mharfouch

Self solved:
Sheet cut issue:
Needed to be re-initialized. No biggie. If anyone doesn't know how to do this on a Roland it is L+U+P+ON which lets you reinitialize the caps and then set the cutter. First you line the caps up with the heads, then you move the head carriage to the very left hand side of the printer when prompted and this will allow the blade to be set. :)

Ink issue:
I had to scrounge through the bins for this one and find two old dampers. The new dampers installed for our Magenta had faulty O-Rings on them, grabbed two old dampers, soaked them overnight in cleaning solution, put them on this morning, and all of a sudden a small amount of air tightness came back. Took them back off, swabbed around the manifold to remove all dried ink, and then put back on, and after two medium cleans, vualah! Solved