• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Headwash issue

Joop

Hey folks...
I am forced to shut down my mutoh 1604 for a while as I work on my shop a bit. I finished all my printing this week and I wanted to flush out the ink so I won't have to rush on the project. I had started a head flush tonight and went through the motions (cleaning carts in, out, repeat...)

FYI... This is my first time doing a flush or headwash.

Problem: The issue is the printer now says "CMYK Empty"... does that mean the cleaning is complete or I need to get another set of cleaning carts to finish it? I looked at the lines above the head, I saw a tint of color in each one... but clear enough to see a bubble in one of the lines.

Let me know please! If I need to get another set of cleaning carts I need to order tomorrow!
Thanks for any help.

randya

There may still me some color in the line, but that is the message you should get when it is flushed.
You should be good to go.

jwright350

FYI... I would never run a flush unless you are just wanting to waste money on ink and cleaning cartridges or you are storing it for months. Just soak a piece of soft foam or a micro fiber cloth and put it between the heads and the capping station. You might get some cross contamination, but you'll save yourself trouble when it comes time to reload the printer with ink. Plan on wasting an entire set of cartridges. Remember, all cleaning solution is made from is ink without the pigment. I've had printers sit for weeks and then typically print better than ever with my method.