• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Healthcare

Johnny Best

Example on government run health care, Cuba. They have no hospitals or clinics run privately. All doctors, hospitals clinics are government run. All citizens are taken care of. But the Cuban people have come to America for their basic freedoms, and even baseball players want to be here, even risking their lives in doing so. Cubans who come here seem to like our way of life even if it means paying for health insurance.
Universal health care countries also include Mexico and Costa Rica, so why do they want to come here so bad for?

TimToad

You are correct those that preach their communism bulls*it think of it as damn religion that they need to force onto others. We don't care what they believe, just don't use the force of government to impose it on others. Almost everything else we buy is based on the free market, even the most essential thing, food. Why is our purchase of health care not based on free market principles. We put more junk in our bodies and are less carful with our bodies then we do in our autos. Why is that? The consequences of what we due to our autos we have to pay for. The consequences of what we do to our bodies, who pays for that. And how many people really care what it cost when someone else has to pay for it. Just imagine if everything else we wanted we could get that way.

What does it say about a heathcare system when people from our neighbor to the north do this?

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0ATFXFAz83WikY1d-66Wj6-UPIsTwV3pgN3Yi0Vynfrjc

equippaint

Example on government run health care, Cuba. They have no hospitals or clinics run privately. All doctors, hospitals clinics are government run. All citizens are taken care of. But the Cuban people have come to America for their basic freedoms, and even baseball players want to be here, even risking their lives in doing so. Cubans who come here seem to like our way of life even if it means paying for health insurance.
Universal health care countries also include Mexico and Costa Rica, so why do they want to come here so bad for?
For everything except that. There are only 2 things that Cuba does well and thats medical and education. The have the second highest literacy rate in the world and life expectancy is higher than here. Not saying that life expectancy is soley attributed to health care though. It is pretty well accepted that their medical system is very good especially given their resources. They leave because its repressive and there’s a huge lack of resources over there. As far as mexico and costa rica, thats not really a fair comparison, the countries are bordering on being 3rd world (if they arent?).

TimToad

For everything except that. There are only 2 things that Cuba does well and thats medical and education. The have the second highest literacy rate in the world and life expectancy is higher than here. Not saying that life expectancy is soley attributed to health care though. It is pretty well accepted that their medical system is very good especially given their resources. They leave because its repressive and there’s a huge lack of resources over there. As far as mexico and costa rica, thats not really a fair comparison, the countries are bordering on being 3rd world (if they arent?).

Remember the scenes in the documentary Sicko? Michael Moore actually brought ill 9/11 first responders to Cuba because they had medical technology and a desire to help those suffering REGARDLESS of where they came from?

As of yesterday when another firefighter died, over 325 first responders have died from their 9/11 related illnesses and exposures. Congress has mostly forgotten about them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ewart-is-joining-them/?utm_term=.a03e0db5ab91

Cubans spend 1/10th of what the U.S. spends on healthcare and despite deep poverty and political and economic isolation, has a longer life expectancy than the U.S. which over the last two years has dropped for the first time in 5 decades. Blame it on whatever you want, there is no reason that the richest country on earth shouldn't have the healthiest people.

AF

DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN OPINION AND ACTUAL RESEARCH OR STATISTICAL EVIDENCE?

Unlike you, who is limited to a handful of online propaganda sources, I have been all over the world and spent way too much time in your utopia countries even during the Cold War. In addition, I have studied the problem of Marxism and how it uses the gullibility of the misinformed masses to propel itself into power. You are a fool. We are here to help you. There is no need to topple our government to get what you perceive as wonderful despite over 100 years of indisputable failure and countless lives lost. What you want already exists, acccording to you, so simply pack up and move there. We will stay behind to fix the damage done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I'm still waiting for all those people out in California to move outta the country like they promised. :toasting:

rossmosh

Unlike you, who is limited to a handful of online propaganda sources, I have been all over the world and spent way too much time in your utopia countries even during the Cold War. In addition, I have studied the problem of Marxism and how it uses the gullibility of the misinformed masses to propel itself into power. You are a fool. We are here to help you. There is no need to topple our government to get what you perceive as wonderful despite over 100 years of indisputable failure and countless lives lost. What you want already exists, acccording to you, so simply pack up and move there. We will stay behind to fix the damage done.

You realize the exact same thing can be said about where your opinions are coming from? What you're saying is the Koch Brothers message verbatim. They spend millions of dollars to spread this message so they can profit billions.

TimToad

It is disgusting and highly hypocritical that just because these type of threads keep getting created by the same person in the one thread category not monitored for people's language, insults, unprofessional behavior, insults, etc. that some who as recently as a few weeks ago had their membership suspended for the the exact behavior they are practicing and giving positive ratings to here.

I think the choice of starting these kind of threads in this category is intentional to give room to and provide cover for those engaging in this kind of behavior to avoid being held accountable for their actions.

Hopefully, there is at least one moderator who cares enough about the future of this forum to care about such an abuse.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
For someone who finds these thread "disgusting" you sure did have a hand in it...

You posted (EDIT) 29 times to this thread... way more then any other member.

Last edited:

TimToad

For someone who finds these thread "disgusting" you sure did have a hand in it...

You posted 27 times to this thread... way more then any other member.

Learn how to read. The thread isn't the point.

It's a valid discussion to have, just not in this unmoderated thread category.

You know damn well the distinction and you know exactly the point I just made. You are as big of a bomb thrower and lily gilder as anyone here and then you try to sit back and pretend like you're above the fray and trying to encourage honest discussion.

It's a joke and your motives aren't to trusted by anyone.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh my....... I guess you just can't help yourself, but why for the sake of God, do you continually keep bringing my name up ??

Please, leave me out of your spiral. Your views on politics, religion and just about anything else interests me not at all.

Please stop including me in your flames and please stop trying to get me in trouble. I'm plenty good enough to do that myself, without your help. :thankyou:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
My Mom used to warn me that if I said Gino 3 times into a mirror (at Midnight) a bottle of Jack Daniels would appear.

TimToad

Oh my....... I guess you just can't help yourself, but why for the sake of God, do you continually keep bringing my name up ??

Please, leave me out of your spiral. Your views on politics, religion and just about anything else interests me not at all.

Please stop including me in your flames and please stop trying to get me in trouble. I'm plenty good enough to do that myself, without your help. :thankyou:

I never mentioned your name. You must have a guilty conscience.

Look through these posts. I've not engaged you once until now, but you are the one who just can't leave me out of your universe. Your poison duct wouldn't get filled every morning if you didn't have a target to count on being here.

The countless good signmakers you've harassed into leaving, changed their screen name, blocked your sorry old asse and otherwise left a perfectly good resource to the likes of you and a few other hacks see right through your hypocrisy, double standards and special treatment by the owner. If you weren't such click bait for the gasket crowd, any smart owner of a site like this would have bounced you years ago. You think you're the only one who knows how to use PM? I've heard all sorts of lovely stories about your harassment and abuse of the PM system from some far more talented signmakers than you could ever dream if becoming.

You know damn well that if your buddy didn't keep starting these threads in this category you'd have to behave yourself.

You act like a petulant, hypocritical child and it's the only thing that gets you out of bed. Projecting ill will, venom and your fact free, bigoted views are your drug.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you R E A L L Y think you're that clever ??

For any one person who might've left because of me, there are 8 who left because of you and your nonsense.

Now, you think you can qualify yourself as to who is smart and who is not..... especially the owner and admins. Why do you think you are so above everyone else ?? Is it in your head or are you just that dumb ?? You go around calling people names, using condescending adjectives, throw your weight around and just think you're God's gift to the sign world. Just look at the countless times you put up pictures of what you did. Some good, some hackish, but hey, who's judging ?? Oops, that's right..... you are and you have the last word. How many threads have you railroaded or gotten locked down, because of your political views ?? You start that sh!t just to stir up the masses. There are many many people on this site and around the globe that could care less about what you deem important and nesecsary subjects, let alone your views, but you jam it down each and every person's throat. You've been doing this, almost since you started here. You're quite the champion at dividing the forum, just like you've run off every employee you bring here and complain about. Admit it, toad....... I've never written anything about you, that you haven't brought up first. You're a walking time bomb and it's not safe to be and around you. If calling me names and some others out makes you tick, then so be it. I've had my share of dealing with people and you are one of the dumbest ones I've ever encountered. Like someone said earlier...... you are a fool.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, you know of people who have left and come back as a different avatar/name ?? That would be a fun list to read, huh ??