Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heat Gun Tip

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by CreativeCreationGraphics, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Does anyone know where I can get the rubber tape that you put on the tip of a heat gun? Reference the pic below

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    May I ask what the necessity of that tip is ??

3. It's meant to keep the tip from staying hot, so you don't burn yourself or vinyl if it accidentally touches the tip

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Okay. In all my years, never had that happen with any employees except of all people, I touched the tip one time out of reflexes, when I dropped it and tried to catch it before hitting the ground. I stopped the fall, but did a nice job on my arm after it went through my shirt. Only took about 2 seconds.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  6. Yeah I've never had it happen until last week when for some dumb reason I grabbed it without looking...I smelled my fingers burning...ouch

• Like Like x 1