Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heat Press vinyl and custom heat transfers

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Chuck7772, May 16, 2019.

1. Chuck7772

Chuck7772 silverback

Jul 10, 2018
    Bucks county
    what is the best heat press vinyl? where is the best place to get custom heat transfers?

Tags:
  2. Jeff grossman

Jeff grossman Living the dream

Nov 17, 2018
    Pa 19320
    Acetransfer.com transfers and silkscreened transfers is who I use

Google HTV ( heat transfer vinyl) many many options out there

3. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    stahls is very helpful and have a full range of products and materials

4. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    We like Stahls for their non-print HTV and HotTronix presses. Have been using Briteline's Turbo Print, it really is fast to press. It's rebranded HTV from a company out of Germany. Good stuff.

I'd stay away from FMExpressions for transfers. Nearly cost us our largest customer, and did cost us a few thousand in profit. We submitted artwork directly from the company's own marketing department and like a day before delivery they tell us that they needed written authorization from said company. So now we have to go back to the customer like a week before our due date and ask for a letter of authorization for us to print their own artwork. No thanks. We learned real quick how to produce the stuff in house. Also no thanks to SignWarehouse selling us the wrong transfer tape. Still got the job done and no one knew how close we were our worst disaster we'd ever have.

If you can manage time wisely, Semo Imprints has been pretty great for plastisol transfers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    Hm. Good to know. I've been using FM Expressions over Ace Transfer because Ace is so behind on technology. They don't communicate well and its annoying that they don't email order acknowledgements or invoices.

6. Stacey K

Stacey K I like making signs

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I have had good luck with Siser and also the Stahls.