• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

heat pressing shirts using siser easyweed vinyl, what printers are good for images

scootinbob

I have just finished my first order of shirts for baseball, been using vinyl for banners,signs ext. I wanted to know what type of
printers and paper are good for pressing images on shirts. Signwarehouse sells the Go UNO printer but I'm not making that kinda
money right now, but I do want nice quality too.

Any suggestions?

THanks Bob,

rjssigns

Might want to check out the OKI color lasers and self weed paper. I've been thinking about going this route myself. Can use the printer for everyday office tasks and still do shirts. Right now I print transfers on my Roland.

scootinbob

oki laser printers work on any type shirt?

will the oki laser printer work on any type shirt. I want a printer that doesn't leave a block around the image. For instance if I wanted to duplicate a old car on a shirt, all I want is the car on the shirt and no other colors outside it.

binki

Outside of large format dyesub applications inkjet or laser transfers are pretty low quality IMO and a pretty expensive route to go. If you want to do full color transfers then there are vinyls that you can print on for heatpress application. Stahls sells this product blank and custom printed.

headfirst

will the oki laser printer work on any type shirt. I want a printer that doesn't leave a block around the image. For instance if I wanted to duplicate a old car on a shirt, all I want is the car on the shirt and no other colors outside it.

The GO UNO is a re-badged Oki.

If you're determined to do them in-house why don't you try a company that makes plastisol transfers like Versatrans or Ace?

Their plastisol transfers can be applied with a heat press and the quality is pretty good.

Or, you could sub it out to a contract printer.

Mike_Koval

transfer paper

Laser and Inkjet transfers are not of the highest quality for full color images. They are used for short term applications and a nice solution for something that will not be laundered.

If you are looking for high quality color transfers there are a number of different options for you...

Solvent/Eco-Solvent printable material
Screen Printed/Digital Transfers
DTG
Sublimation

Jackpine

Inkjet transfers

Pigment inkjet transfers are very good quality for full color images if you use good ink. Dye ink transfers not so much. I use Sihl's heat transfer material for printed transfers. It's thin, prints well and transfers nice. I've gotten 20+ washes and the print still look good. No cracking or edge peeling. Cold water wash low heat or line dry works best. You can print and cut this material.

401Graphics

I use Siser colorprintPU (matte) in my mutoh printer. Hands down the best printable heat transfer film ive used. Nice stretch to it, and no cracking. Also weeds nice.

binki

We just put our VersaCamm into service and the textile prints are great. We still have to time-test them with our stuff but the initial result is pretty good.

kendi082000

heat transfer material to use for eco solvent printer?

hi! don't know what material to get. is Roland HeatSoft Heat Transfer Material good material? ty.

Laser and Inkjet transfers are not of the highest quality for full color images. They are used for short term applications and a nice solution for something that will not be laundered.

If you are looking for high quality color transfers there are a number of different options for you...

Solvent/Eco-Solvent printable material
Screen Printed/Digital Transfers
DTG
Sublimation

MtnView

Outside of large format dyesub applications inkjet or laser transfers are pretty low quality IMO and a pretty expensive route to go. If you want to do full color transfers then there are vinyls that you can print on for heatpress application. Stahls sells this product blank and custom printed.

I'm with binki and Mike on the quality issue. We have picked up new customers from another local shop that uses inkjet transfers where the image fades too quickly. This other shop has even sent us business because they are unable to print on dark garments with the inkjet transfers. We use a couple different vinyls either from Imprintables or Stahls.

binki are you on TSF?

MtnView

hi! don't know what material to get. is Roland HeatSoft Heat Transfer Material good material? ty.

Solutions Opaque is hard to work with and will in most circumstances require a slight white border to keep the ink from curling the edges of the print. Express Print or Quickprint available from Stahls or Imprintables Warehouse do no curl when printed to the edge. At least I haven't had that problem. Here is a recent short run job we did on Quickprint with artwork supplied by customer that the other shop was only going to be able to do on white or light shirts with inkjet.
rocket.jpg

kendi082000

Solutions Opaque is hard to work with and will in most circumstances require a slight white border to keep the ink from curling the edges of the print. Express Print or Quickprint available from Stahls or Imprintables Warehouse do no curl when printed to the edge. At least I haven't had that problem. Here is a recent short run job we did on Quickprint with artwork supplied by customer that the other shop was only going to be able to do on white or light shirts with inkjet.
View attachment 99514

thanks for the info. :)