• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat Resistant Vinyl

Supergirl

Yes, i've searched the forum, but haven't found a question with the same application.

Is there such a thing as printable material that would resist heat of a motorcycle muffler (the exhaust can)

my best guess is 250F

The decals usually come with a decal that has a metal layer. I tried googling, but except for places offering decals, i can't find a material that's prinatble and suited for such application.

see attachment.

Thank you,

t.

Attachments

• 20150301_165146_resized.jpg
    20150301_165146_resized.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Titanium_Oval_Euro_Generic_Zoom.jpg
    Titanium_Oval_Euro_Generic_Zoom.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 2013-bmw-r1200gs-gets-new-akrapovic-exhaust_1.jpg
    2013-bmw-r1200gs-gets-new-akrapovic-exhaust_1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 113

rjssigns

I'm not positive, but I think its just plain ol' screen printed vinyl. At least it is on my "Termi's" which are carbon fiber besides. One decal got a nick so I removed both of them. I'd think if it was hot enough to ruin vinyl it would eat the carbon fiber in short order.

Mine are similar to this and trust me the decal is nothing special: http://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.u..._Can_KAWASAKI_ZX6R_200914--product--6103.html

If you don't have a bike of your own it shouldn't be too hard to find willing test subjects. Offer them some free decals for helping.

Supergirl

Thank you for your reply!

I got a garage full of them :) Literally. No termignonies, but plenty of hindle, leo, akra.

I stock avery mpi1005 and concept regular pvc vinyl.

I'm hesitant to try it with either of those. I have burned myself on the very end of the exhaust before ( i called it a micron kiss )
thus thinking wrap wouldn't withstand it. I'm sure my friend can find a replacement arrow on the interwebz, but he figured he'd ask me first.

so, do you think wrap or pvc would melt on that arrow?

Attachments

• 10401238_1147719287548_4342673_n.jpg
    10401238_1147719287548_4342673_n.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 119

rjssigns

Thank you for your reply!

I got a garage full of them :) Literally. No termignonies, but plenty of hindle, leo, akra.

I stock avery mpi1005 and concept regular pvc vinyl.

I'm hesitant to try it with either of those. I have burned myself on the very end of the exhaust before ( i called it a micron kiss )
thus thinking wrap wouldn't withstand it. I'm sure my friend can find a replacement arrow on the interwebz, but he figured he'd ask me first.

so, do you think wrap or pvc would melt on that arrow?

I'd give it a shot. The "can" will stay a lot cooler than the tip. If you have an IR gun handy go for a ride then shoot the can in various spots. Should tell you what you need to know.

Supergirl

I'd give it a shot. The "can" will stay a lot cooler than the tip. If you have an IR gun handy go for a ride then shoot the can in various spots. Should tell you what you need to know.

This is all track/racing. the exhaust and headers get a lot hotter than street riding :(

Monster S2R <- very nice!

rjssigns

This is all track/racing. the exhaust and headers get a lot hotter than street riding :(

You've never been along for one of my famous turn and burn sessions then.:Big Laugh

Monster S2R <- very nice!

Thank you.

Track day would be perfect to IR gun some systems. Harbor Freight has an IR temp gun you can usually pick up for 25 bucks. Surprisingly accurate for the money.

I'll have to remember to bring mine along next time I twist a grip. Although that won't be for weeks here.(stupid weather)

Supergirl

Thank you.

Track day would be perfect to IR gun some systems. Harbor Freight has an IR temp gun you can usually pick up for 25 bucks. Surprisingly accurate for the money.

I'll have to remember to bring mine along next time I twist a grip. Although that won't be for weeks here.(stupid weather)

oh yeah, i'm 7 miles south of WI.

Bly

The stickers on my Akras were metal foil too.
No vinyl will stand that kind of heat for very long.

Supergirl

The stickers on my Akras were metal foil too.
No vinyl will stand that kind of heat for very long.

Yeah, same on my akra and the decals are on the carbon fiber part, not titanium or SS.

i suppose i'll tell my friend to google for replacement.

if anybody here can and wants to print them, let me know :)

rjssigns

oh yeah, i'm 7 miles south of WI.

Road America for the bike races is the best. Not the circus is was years ago though. Took my brother last year and apologized for that.

He gave me a goofy look so I told him the grounds were so packed with vendors, and whatever else you might never see the races. LOL

Way back when a friend scheduled multiple test rides for us when that was still possible. Last ride of the day I was on an Aprilia Tuono R. Memorable is all I'm gonna say about that.

Perfect day is leaving my place around 8a.m., ripping down to the Riverview in Kiel for a huge breakfast then watching racing for the rest of the day.:cool:

If you're going this year give me a shout. Never know what my schedule is like though. Making bank takes priority.

Supergirl

Road America for the bike races is the best. Not the circus is was years ago though. Took my brother last year and apologized for that.

He gave me a goofy look so I told him the grounds were so packed with vendors, and whatever else you might never see the races. LOL

Way back when a friend scheduled multiple test rides for us when that was still possible. Last ride of the day I was on an Aprilia Tuono R. Memorable is all I'm gonna say about that.

Perfect day is leaving my place around 8a.m., ripping down to the Riverview in Kiel for a huge breakfast then watching racing for the rest of the day.:cool:

If you're going this year give me a shout. Never know what my schedule is like though. Making bank takes priority.

I'll let you know. Was there two years ago. We race at road america too, but while it's a really good spectator track, with racers it's a love it or hate it.
I lean towards hating it. It is very very rough on the equipment. Each time i was there, i had a mechanical of some sort. lose chain, blown motor, broken throttle position sensor.
due to extremely high speeds within just the first lap, there are many vibrations and things just vibrate lose.
with the long straights it's kind of boring too, but at least you don't get tired :)

Sportbiketracktime.com rides at many different tracks. not sure if you're familiar with track days for bikes. it's kind of like the rental, but here you bring your own bike and get instruction. it's a blast.

side note: it's very addicting!!!!

you can come spectate when sportbiketracktime is there. or when championship cup series (club racing) goes there. it's a little cheaper than AMA/moto america.

i'll let you know if i come up there!

eddesign

Orajet 3105ht

I used orajet 3105ht o my 09 klx 6 years old ad still look good bike only has 1200 miles on it

Attachments

• klx.jpg
    klx.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 110