• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat setting too high?

grafixhenk

On a Mutoh Falcon Outoors with Eco Ultra inks can the heat settings be too high /
We are printing 15 Oz banner material and the black is running over the red when we print.

Heat is set at 65C

Thanks in advance

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
On a Mutoh Falcon Outoors with Eco Ultra inks can the heat settings be too high /
We are printing 15 Oz banner material and the black is running over the red when we print.

Heat is set at 65C

Thanks in advance

Of the two heaters on a Falcon Outdoor, the only one you can crank up to more than 50c is the strip in front of the feed rollers and it ought not to be more that 50c. The one you can't get past 50c is the fixer/dryer and it ought to be able to go higher.

Regardless, yeah, the heat's too high. Back it down to 45-50c. But that probably won't solve your problems. Most likely your using some intense CMYK concoction for black which usually lays down way too much ink. You might want to revisit what you're using for black as well as what your using for a profile and your rendering intents which are best set to 'Spot' for everything except bitmaps which should be set to 'Perceptual'.

That still might not solve your bleeding problem. I almost always and mindlessly give every solid color a pixel or three white outline. Just to prevent this sort of thing.

Digital printing is far more art than science and a digital pressman is every bit as skilled and specialized an occupation as an offset or any other flavor of pressman.

grafixhenk

Will try it tomorrow, thanks for the help.

Already noticed today that with a lower heat setting the vertical banding is less.