• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat wand

graphics guru

anybody seen the youtube vid with the propane wand used to post set heat the vinyl ( which i hope everyone is doing anyway)...i normally use a heat gun and just take my time. i tried this with the big wand, it left some smoke marks on the vinyl, luckily came off. any thoughts...i normally hit any seems or curves for sure with the heat gun multiple times...we minimize seams as best we can, printing standard vans and suvs car etc horizontal to basically only have one seam to fool with...takes a little learning to install but well worth and made eay if you use good strong magnets

CP Signs

All I use is a torch. Got use to it years ago and never looked back. Plus never need a power source.

ForumRunner_20130105_235944.png

omgsideburns

I like my torch better because it's cool to the touch when it's not blowing a flame out the front.. my heat gun has a metal tip that stays skin-melting hot for like an hour after I turn it off. I am NOT an installer though, so as far as using one with wraps I'm retarded no matter what I use.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Pretty sure you would void some vinyl manufacturer warranties on installation if you admitted you used a torch instead of heat gun. Post heating with torch ...ehhhh

De.signs Nanaimo

Torch, always torch, heat guns are for wimps! :) Joking but I always use a torch, once you get the hang of it you can't go back to a heat gun, post heating as well.