• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heater not working on JV3-160s

ZacCarter

Our heater does not seam to be working on our JV3.

After hitting the remote button the printer just sits there idle, with "temp control" on the display as if it is waiting to warm up.

After taking the back panel off the machine it seems there are 2 fuses on the back, green in color, present. The top one is toast I think.

Is this a user replaceable part?

signage

I would think that something has caused the fuse to blow! Fuses just don't go bad! So first off I would make sure the heater is still good!

ColesCreations

I would take the fuse out and get a new one, with the same rating. RadioShack may have it.

If printer is fine after that, I would not worry about it, as sometimes fuses do go bad without something being damaged. If the new one also fails- call a tech to have the heater replaced or fixed.

Do NOT try with a stronger fuse, as you may end up frying something very expensive.