• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

heater settings - Falcon Jr.

Slack11

I just set up and ran some tests prints for the first time last nite on my new Falcon Jr. After a bit of swearing and a whole lot of learning the menus I got it to print with decent results.

The prints I compeleted had the white banding lines, and I've been told that this is caused by the heaters being too hot, causing the ink to vaporize before adhering to the vinyl.

My quick questions are

1.) Is this correct.
2.) Is this caused by the rear heater being too hot, before the vinyl is printed on

3.) What heating settings do you guys use for Orajet 3651 glosss ( I realize that these vary with ambient temp, etc. but what is a good ballpark to begin with.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Compilla

If you get a good nozzle check , it could be the Profile, Step Adjust or heaters.

I normally set the heaters for 3651G to 50/50°

Jackpine

If you get a good nozzle check , it could be the Profile, Step Adjust or heaters.

I normally set the heaters for 3651G to 50/50°

I do the same unless the material starts to buckle, then turn them down a bit. The lowest I have had them for any vinyl is 45/45. I was told "the hotter the better" for more durable prints. 95% of the time it is 50/50.