• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heater Voltage Setting Error - Roland SP-300

jmmccann

I hope you can help. I just set up a Roland Versacamm SP-300 for the first time and went through the setup and after a few minutes of sitting, it will throw the error "Heater Voltage Setting Error" on the screen and beeps.

Here's what I've done...

1. Checked voltage switches underneath...both are properly set.
2. Ran through the menu to "match Machine to environment" setting. - This seem to make it happy for a few minutes. I've noticed that the Heater Config light flashed initially until I ran the Match environment routine. Now the Heater Config light stays lit....but eventually it will beep and give me the "heater voltage..." routine again.

It IS possible that the room is cool...is this the problem?

I also read that a USB extension cable could be the culprit....I also have one of those, but due to my office layout, it's not easily remedied.

Does anyone have any suggestions, anyone encountered this before?

Any help is much appreciated!

Ragnabrok

That error crops up if it's not heating fast enough. you should be able to get into the heater menu when you turn it on, and it will read the current heat values for the print and dryer. If the values read room temp, but the actual printer is toasty warm, the thermistor is shot. if it is not heating at all, then it's likely the thermostat, or the heater board. The heat elements themselves really tend not to fail.