• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heatgun VS Steamer

gabagoo

I find that on some vinyls that the steamer can seperate the vinyl from the adhesive making the use of rapid remover much more needed. On the plus side the steamer works faster than a heat gun for me. I won a Conair clothes steamer at a golf tournament a few years ago and decided to use it at work. Once it was plugged in it took less than 5 minutes to be ready, whereas the Wagner wallpaper steamer took almost 30 minutes.

Asuma01

Interesting. I have never heard of using a steamer for removing vinyl. Any more info regarding this? What kind of steamer are we talking about? links?

rjssigns

Steam for me. Less chance of burning a surface. In my experience I've found that steam leaves most of the glue attached to the vinyl. Most is the key word. Nothing is the perfect solution every time. Just have to see which one works best on the particular job.

signguy35

Steam. it has been a eye opener for me at my shop. heat gun has it uses but the steamer is awesome. just dont get the overpriced POD steamer. I have a wagner off of amazon $99