• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heavy ARMS marks

midnightmadman

Hi. I am having a problem with my Q-100 reading my crop marks. The only way I can get it to read is if I go over them with a black sharpie marker. Is there a way to get them to print heavier (not more ink) but thicker in flexi 8?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Mine are at .8
How do I double print just those marks?
I will try cleaning the eye also.

If you're referring to the automatic marks placed on the output by Flexi you have no control over them.

If they're not printing sufficiently dark to be detected you have other problems. Either your printer and/or the profile you're using has an issue with black or your plotter's mark detection tackle is malfeasant.

Assuming that a Q-100 is some flavor of rebranded Graphtec, it's easy and perfectly reasonable to forgo Flexi's automatic registration mark protocol, print you're own marks, and use the plotter's built in auto and/or manual registration features to set up for a contour cut

The specifications for the marks

- Registration mark line thickness: 0.3 to 1.0 mm
- Registration mark size: 5 to 20 mm

The exact procedure for using your own marks has been described more than once in these waters. You also should be able to download the basic scheme from somewhere on Graphtec's web site. It will probably be titled 'Using registration marks in Corel' or 'with Cutting Master' or something like that. The procedure is applicable to Flexi or and other similar packages as well. It can seem a bit daunting the first couple of times you try it but after you develop a glimmer of understanding as to just what is going on and what you're doing it's a walk in the park. Moreover it's something that anyone wrangling this gear should know how to do.

midnightmadman

Thanks guys . Im thinking its more on the q-100 reading it side for the problem. It used to work fine. My lines look fine. I will first take a look at the eye.