• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heavy Machinery/Equipment Decal Template Sets.

lodcomm

Hello Folks,

Does anyone have a source of Decal template sets for various Heavy Equipment? (cat, deere, link-belt, etc..)

I have a customer who refurbishes said heavy equipment and wants to contract us to make the decal sets for him. His previous supplier of the decals has closed their business. The customer stated he was simply able to e-mail or phone the print-shop and give them the model number of the Machine (say A Cat 315) and the shop was able to produce the graphics/decals for him, and send them to him. He would apply the graphics himself.

I Am currently working on a set of CAT 315 Decals for him, but I had to drive to his site and photograph the existing decal set and then trace it out in flexi or such, and scale up.

Since his previous printer was able to print and cut the sets without coming on site without even seeing the original design (which may not even be visible on some of the equipment he takes in) I assume there is some source for these templates - Does anyone here offer or know where we can obtain these?

IMG_0024.jpg IMG_0027.jpg

Thanks Kindly!

-t

phototec

Hello Folks,

Does anyone have a source of Decal template sets for various Heavy Equipment? (cat, deere, link-belt, etc..)

I have a customer who refurbishes said heavy equipment and wants to contract us to make the decal sets for him. His previous supplier of the decals has closed their business. The customer stated he was simply able to e-mail or phone the print-shop and give them the model number of the Machine (say A Cat 315) and the shop was able to produce the graphics/decals for him, and send them to him. He would apply the graphics himself.

I Am currently working on a set of CAT 315 Decals for him, but I had to drive to his site and photograph the existing decal set and then trace it out in flexi or such, and scale up.

Since his previous printer was able to print and cut the sets without coming on site without even seeing the original design (which may not even be visible on some of the equipment he takes in) I assume there is some source for these templates - Does anyone here offer or know where we can obtain these?

View attachment 97112 View attachment 97113

Thanks Kindly!

-t

Yep, http://www.quipcal.com/ has almost anything you would ever need.
The Replacement Marking decal sets you need when painting equipment. Decal Packages for old and new machines. Decals for a machinery used in a broad array of industries and applications.

:thumb:

visual800

If you wanted to do in-house you can always do internet search for the machinery on the corporate website and sometimes they will have parts list and details on the machines

OldPaint

NO. 1...........YOU DO KNOW...........
that most of these large equipment manufactures....SELL THEIR OWN DECALS?????
NO.2.............MOST BIG CORP really dont want people selling THEIR LOGOS WITHOUT THEIR APPROVAL???
NO.3...............MOST big corp WILL COME AFTER YOU FOR ILLEGALLY REPRODUCING THEIR LOGOS???
NOW........... that you know this............IF YOU WISH TO do this...............most of these LOGOS....dont take a lot of artistic talent TO RECREATE them. google the manufactures web site..........you will find the logos on them........grab the photo of it........trace it in corel.........wala...........
googled this........
http://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/brands.html

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If you wanted to do in-house you can always do internet search for the machinery on the corporate website and sometimes they will have parts list and details on the machines

Yep - we have done just this quite a few times. We have made new decal sets for scissor lifts, forklifts, and tractors. So far I've been able to find PDF manuals and parts lists which I've been able to extract vector artwork from. :) Even very detailed things like the control panel decals.

I'll also point out that while OLDPAINT HAS SOME VALID POINTS ON SOME VINTAGE EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT DECALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE.

TYPING IN ALL CAPS ON FORUMS OF CONSIDERED SHOUTING - caps lock is not cruise control for cool.....

TXFB.INS

Yep - we have done just this quite a few times. We have made new decal sets for scissor lifts, forklifts, and tractors. So far I've been able to find PDF manuals and parts lists which I've been able to extract vector artwork from. :) Even very detailed things like the control panel decals.

I'll also point out that while OLDPAINT HAS SOME VALID POINTS ON SOME VINTAGE EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT DECALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE.

TYPING IN ALL CAPS ON FORUMS OF CONSIDERED SHOUTING - caps lock is not cruise control for cool.....

Couldn't have said it better!

Always check with the manufacture first and then recreate if not available.

the ALL CAPS & incorrect punctuation usage is completely inappropriate for this thread.

OldPaint

Try typing google in all caps......))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) and like i said.......in caps cause some people just dont pay attention................MOST OF THE LOGOS ARE EASY TO TRACE OR RE-CREATE...... if you have any computer graphics ability)))))))

lodcomm

NO. 1...........YOU DO KNOW...........
that most of these large equipment manufactures....SELL THEIR OWN DECALS?????
NO.2.............MOST BIG CORP really dont want people selling THEIR LOGOS WITHOUT THEIR APPROVAL???
NO.3...............MOST big corp WILL COME AFTER YOU FOR ILLEGALLY REPRODUCING THEIR LOGOS???
NOW........... that you know this............IF YOU WISH TO do this...............most of these LOGOS....dont take a lot of artistic talent TO RECREATE them. google the manufactures web site..........you will find the logos on them........grab the photo of it........trace it in corel.........wala...........
googled this........
http://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/brands.html

Thanks kindly to everyone for the feedback.

I am not so much trying to reproduce the LOGO as I am trying to find the dimensions for the black striping and contouring. The customer is requesting this portion out of vinyl instead of paint.

On the current project, I simply photographed the existing black vinyl, took some measurements - WHen I got back to my shop I traced the outlines in illustrator, and then scaled the outlines to my measurements.

The problem is the customer is over 60 miles away and it may not even be cost effective to go driving out there each time he has a new machine he is painting, and needs vinyl for. Secondly there are often times he gets machines in that are missing the graphics all together. so even if I were to go on-site I would have nothing to work with.

As I outlined in my original post. He claims that his old print shop was able to supply him the vinyl decals simply based on him sending them the equipment type. He claims that they never had to come on site and take any photos or measurements. He would simply call them with the equipment model (say Cat 315) and they would ship the vinyl decal set a few days later. (again I don't think it is so important to replicate the logos but rather the actual dimensions of the vinyl sections). His existing print shop has closed their doors and is no longer printing.

-thanks again

-t

phototec

Thanks kindly to everyone for the feedback.

I am not so much trying to reproduce the LOGO as I am trying to find the dimensions for the black striping and contouring. The customer is requesting this portion out of vinyl instead of paint.

On the current project, I simply photographed the existing black vinyl, took some measurements - WHen I got back to my shop I traced the outlines in illustrator, and then scaled the outlines to my measurements.

The problem is the customer is over 60 miles away and it may not even be cost effective to go driving out there each time he has a new machine he is painting, and needs vinyl for. Secondly there are often times he gets machines in that are missing the graphics all together. so even if I were to go on-site I would have nothing to work with.

As I outlined in my original post. He claims that his old print shop was able to supply him the vinyl decals simply based on him sending them the equipment type. He claims that they never had to come on site and take any photos or measurements. He would simply call them with the equipment model (say Cat 315) and they would ship the vinyl decal set a few days later. (again I don't think it is so important to replicate the logos but rather the actual dimensions of the vinyl sections). His existing print shop has closed their doors and is no longer printing.

-thanks again

-t

Question: Have you read the helpful tips on this thread above?

You can download the Caterpillar 315 parts manual in PDF, and all the vector graphics can be harvested using Adobe Illustrator or Corel.

If you can't or don't want to do that, than you can purchase the AI or EPS vector drawings with dimensions from:

the-blueprints.com website for about 10 credits (each credit costs $0.69 to $1.11), the more you purchase the cheaper they are. The best deal is 200 credits for $138.90 ($0.69 each).

http://www.the-blueprints.com/vectordrawings/show/5725/caterpillar_315dl_hydraulic_excavator//

You need to know the specific name of the model of construction equipment you are looking for (Caterpillar 315DL Hydraulic Excavator).

I would bet money this is what the other guy used to create the graphics without leaving his shop.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/vectordrawings/category/construction_equipment/32/

smiley-face-soldier.gif