• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heavy streaking from print head, xc540 HELP!

StickyBandit

please see pictures , have cleaned several times and routine maintenance, and treated for static.
We had the headboard changed because the magenta color started to do a similar thing. Also had the main board serviced.

Clueless now.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Photo May 24, 4 30 07 PM.jpg
    Photo May 24, 4 30 07 PM.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 835

Triggerhappy

try this

it`s an electronic issue. change white cables form cyan head to another, if problem migrates to the other head, it`s the cable or the board. If the issue still remains on the cyan head, change it asap.

StickyBandit

it`s an electronic issue. change white cables form cyan head to another, if problem migrates to the other head, it`s the cable or the board. If the issue still remains on the cyan head, change it asap.

I got new cables and changed out the old ones to the head and and the head stopped streaking across the media, but I think I just lost half of the cyan. Checked if all the connection are tight and tried swapping the channels to see if it was a headboard issue and still the same issue on the head. So I'm thinking the head is going. I swear when one of the heads go, all the heads all start going south.

GTSTech_1

Check the manifold on the cyan head. I suspect that the nipple was broke when swapping out the head cables. Also from the picture I would also asked where is the Light magenta and light cyan? Nothing for the "C" channel.....I would test the fuse for that.

meritan

100% electrical issue,

100% electrical issue, check head cable, but in my experience (xc-540) ist e headboard issue, you need a tech, if you put your hand it go worse it go

Triggerhappy

good point

Check the manifold on the cyan head. I suspect that the nipple was broke when swapping out the head cables. Also from the picture I would also asked where is the Light magenta and light cyan? Nothing for the "C" channel.....I would test the fuse for that.

about the missing lights, I missed that, but there are many guys out there that are not using the lights. Head brakes down, and they simply unplug them. However if a manifold is broken ink does not come out. In this case the head is firing when it should not. This is an electronic issue, many things can do that. My best advice would be to get a good technician out there. If impossible or you have faith in your skills you can switch heads, cyan to magenta for example and see what happens. If the ex magenta, new cyan is printing correctly just change the head with a new one. This is the best case scenario right now.

StickyBandit

Yes, we pulled the fuse to the lights because the light magenta is bad and misfiring. Had to use the printer to finish a job. We use mostly darker colors so it didn't quite affect the print we needed to get done.

I'll check the manifold to see if they are cracked or damaged. I'm thinking worst case scenario I have to replace the heads. I just find it odd because it was working fine (perfect test print with no deflecting nozzles) a couple of days ago.
We had a the magenta head go bad, then the light magenta, yellow, and now cyan. This is within the last couple of months. When will it end.:banghead:

StickyBandit

Weird Things are happening

Swapped the cyan and magenta head cables. In service mode I did a test print and came out like below.
attachment.php

Turned the XC-540 off and swapped back the heads and does this in service mode
attachment.php

Here's where it gets weird. Turned the power for about a hour, unplugged everything (power cord, ethernet, heater). after about a hour or so plugged everything back in.
Enter service mode again and did a test print and get this.:omg:
attachment.php

Back to where it was originally was before the issue started, except missing half of the cyan head. Confused and baffled even more now.

Attachments

• Photo May 26, 11 23 25 AM.jpg
    Photo May 26, 11 23 25 AM.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 462
  • Photo May 26, 11 28 39 AM.jpg
    Photo May 26, 11 28 39 AM.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 408
  • Photo May 25, 9 40 34 AM.jpg
    Photo May 25, 9 40 34 AM.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 423

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm leaning towards a bad transistor on the head board. It looks like you had a short somewhere in the cyan electrical path. Whatever was shorting out may have just fried the transistor which would cause only one channel to drop out.