Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Height Requirement on Fire Extinguisher/Alarm Signs

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by dlndesign, Aug 26, 2010.

1. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    I am in California and I have not had much luck on here or online to get a solid answer on the heigh requirements for Fire Extinguishers and Alarm Signs. Does anyone here know or know somewhere where I can get this information. I have already tried calling the fire chief, just have not been able to get a hold of him. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    Call your Local Codes Dept. as they should be able to give you the answer or put you in touch with the correct person.

3. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    Well not exactly what I was looking for, i know about emergency exit signs. I was asking about placement of fire extinguisher signs and fire alarm signs. Completely different. But I did get a hold of my fire inspector, seems its round 5 feet to the top of the sign, depending on visability for extinguisher signs, as for alarm signs, use your best judgement.

4. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    In NJ, we mount them about this high and not to far from each other.

5. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    fire inspector is always the way to go for proper info.
    especially since they'd be the ones writing the tickets if you don't comply.