• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Height Requirement on Fire Extinguisher/Alarm Signs

dlndesign

I am in California and I have not had much luck on here or online to get a solid answer on the heigh requirements for Fire Extinguishers and Alarm Signs. Does anyone here know or know somewhere where I can get this information. I have already tried calling the fire chief, just have not been able to get a hold of him. Thanks.

rcook99

Call your Local Codes Dept. as they should be able to give you the answer or put you in touch with the correct person.

dlndesign

Well not exactly what I was looking for, i know about emergency exit signs. I was asking about placement of fire extinguisher signs and fire alarm signs. Completely different. But I did get a hold of my fire inspector, seems its round 5 feet to the top of the sign, depending on visability for extinguisher signs, as for alarm signs, use your best judgement.

MikePro

fire inspector is always the way to go for proper info.
especially since they'd be the ones writing the tickets if you don't comply.