• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello all

GEARSLAYER

I run a few websites and have about 7000 members. Some are asking for decals. This has happened a lot over the last couple years.

I am looking to outsource some 11' x 1.5' decals. I would like to have it so that I could call in (and pay for) the orders, and then have them drop-shipped.

They would be 2 color usually. Two words joined together to make one. The first part would be blue or red or lime green or black and the second part would be white or black.

Example:

TWOWORDS

Of course it would be 11' x 1.5' in size though and in a font of my choice. These would be going on ATV's.

So if anybody can help me out for a great price, that would be great. Please send me a PM with prices/terms/contact info.

P

ProWraps™

you might be better off ordering a qty. we can do these for you, but finding anyone to onesy twosey them will be tough.

GEARSLAYER

Yeah...and I don't need the wise a$$ comments above. I could easily say I'd like to buy a cutter for my needs...then punks like these will chime in and say how I should outsource them.

Seriously...this place is way undermoderated.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yeah...and I don't need the wise a$$ comments above. I could easily say I'd like to buy a cutter for my needs...then punks like these will chime in and say how I should outsource them.

Seriously...this place is way undermoderated.

No actually it's pretty well moderated but we don't go around editing and deleting posts. People are allowed to speak freely. What has happened here is that you stated when you registered that you were interested in becoming a professional in the field of sign making. Your initial posts seems at conflict with that statement and has drawn some sarcasm as a result.

What you seem to have missed is what this forum is about. Most of us here are so because we're trying to improve our skills and our businesses. We're here to share ideas and knowledge. We're not here to have non-members of the sign making profession present us with offers to wholesale to them. Many here would recommend to you that you seek out a vendor locally for what you want.

I would be one of those that would so recommend.

cOrKinSA

I am very curious but why would you ask that here?
Not coming at you like a jerk but you will save alot of cash on the shipping if you go local. Plus you can see how one comes out before 100's of them get printed wrong.

GEARSLAYER

Easy, I can't post in the request section. So I posted it here. I WILL be saving the money from my decal sales and buying a cutter with it. It's going to take a while. I am not looking to just jump into the sign thing head first.

I have been actually reading and learning here for a year. I see many people get jumped on for just wanting to dive in and buy a cutter. I can't afford a nice cutter. I'll have to sell decals for a few months before I can get one most likely.

I plan on doing this in stepping stones.

1. Outsource anything I need until I have the money to buy a cutter and materials and such.

2. Practice, practice, practice with my cutter and learn how to apply vinly on vehicles and signs too.

3. Once I generate enough from that, I'll step up to a printer/cutter and the other good stuff.

4. Again...Practice, practice, practice. Then see where I can go with it.

The best thing is, I have 7000 members to help me get started. I could even do a good pre-order to make sure the first run would be a healthy one. After that, I would need small orders. The guy would already have the files. It wouldn't be a big hassle for some.

GEARSLAYER

I am very curious but why would you ask that here?
Not coming at you like a jerk but you will save alot of cash on the shipping if you go local. Plus you can see how one comes out before 100's of them get printed wrong.

I understand and agree completely my friend. The problem is that the guys around here seem to want retail for decals. I can't make a profit off retail prices.

Capital Signs

Are you presenting them your business license and tax ID when you approach them? There are many merchant members that can help you, but most likely an order in bulk.

GEARSLAYER

They have not asked for DBA or Tax ID. Bulk is one thing I cannot afford. The first order would cover the minimum they'd need maybe.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First of all…. welcome from PA………….

Now, I must ask you, GEARS, why do you want to get into a business where you find everything too expensive for your liking. Simply not wanting to pay retail prices when you ARE indeed a retail consumer is normal, but not liked in a forum such as this….. a sign forum.

When you can afford the machines or services at a normal price, then come back as one of us…. a true sign shop and ask for wholesaling prices, but until then…. just because you happened across this site doesn’t give you ANY right to wholesale pricing in any way, shape or form. Besides, if you’ve been lurking around for a year as you stated…. you should already know this, unless you figured you’ve obtained the jargon here and can cleverly conceal the fact that you’re doing something wrong.

As Fred has mentioned, it is a sign community and not a free-for-all pricing zone for signs. Short of local sign shops, Staples, Wal-Mart and Kinkos…. you’ll just have to tough it out, suck it up and tell your other sites…. you stuck out here.
Should any member here offer you or do business with you, knows they would probably be ‘B l a c k b a l l e d’ for doing so, not by the site itself, but by your peers, for that isn’t the nature here.... and I hope you all realize that. :covereyes:

GEARSLAYER

I got the PM's I was seeking and NOBODY got blackballed. I'll be posting again once I get my own equipment. What's funny, is some posers act like the sign business is so hard to get into, when actually it's not. As with everything, you need to practice to get good.