• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello all

Alphonse43

Hi from Australia, welcome to the forum. Gee pal, your coments are like sanding crossgrain (Rubbing the wrong way). Everyone is here to share info. I have found over the years, for anyone starting out there's only two things going for you, asking the right questions, and receiving the right answers. In the real world it's your eyes & ears, look, listen and learn, and you will be rewarded with knowledge from the best in the business.
Alphonse43

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Still wondering

The guy ain't got 'jack' Sign_ ... that's quite evident. Don't hold your breath waiting for him. And if he does, it won't be one for a sign business. Probably be one for selling other crap on the internet for other website crap. What a loser. That's why he's here sucking some people dry. This is the very stuff we all talked about and this little piss ant got through. And he knows it, too.

The little jackass knows if anyone came clean about helping him they would be shunned for doing about the only thing we all hold close to our hearts….selling to end-users from here. This schmuck has no more ambition of starting up a sign business than the local bum washing your windows by the roadside. He can't..... he simply can't, but he knows by throwing out that proverbial golden ring.... someone will grab for it.

He can’t even relate who is helping him, because they told him not to and probably promised him an even better discount if he kept his mouth shut. Now the guy isn’t only getting wholesale prices, but he has someone fearing for their status here. This pig really knows how to pull strings and push buttons.

Now, don’t get me wrong…. he’s not hurting me, but someone in New York should’ve gotten this job. I’m all for free enterprise, but in the marketplace where it belongs…. not here where we all gather to help each other day in and day out. Somewhere someone was talking about sheeple..... well, here's one and please take notice of his come backs......yeah...and I don't need the wise a$$ comments above....I can't afford a nice cutter.....I can't make a profit off retail prices.....until I have the money to buy a cutter and materials and such..... Bulk is one thing I cannot afford......What's funny, is some posers act like the sign business is so hard to get into, when actually it's not. As with everything, you need to practice to get good. :ROFLMAO: :clapping:

GEARSLAYER

Thanks to those that helped. The rest who were disrespectful and full of themselves aren't worth my reply or time.

For anybody that's new and wanting to buy some equipment, don't let these guys fool you. They'll tell you to find a job at a sign maker and learn there first. Yeah right. That's real good. Let the man train his future competition without even knowing it. Then crap on him by leaving and becoming his competition. I would never backstab anybody like that.

Bottomline. ANYBODY can get into this business. Be smart, start small, work your way up and don't go out of your budget.

weaselboogie

That kind of reminds me of art school . I was surprised at the amount of students were entering the school that didn't have talent. The school took anyone without really too much of a portfolio review. At the time of graduation, we ended up with about an 1/4 of the beginning class size. 75% of the beginning class didn't have what it takes.

You're completely right. ANYONE can get into this field, but after 5 years your chances of surviving is about 20%. The public will decide if you're good enough to stay.

Last edited:

rdm01

Thanks to those that helped. The rest who were disrespectful and full of themselves aren't worth my reply or time.

You are getting these responses because you are being disrespectful to the business. Yes, starting small, not being afraid of outsourcing, and starting a business is great. Asking for wholesale prices when you are not a wholesale customer is going to aggravate people. This is why you are getting some of the responses you are.

My suggestion is to buy retail, and when you get the equipment, you can become and established business and give your shot at the business. Without passion and a love for art, you are going to have a hard time becoming successful in this field.

Sign_Boy

Do you have a Tax Id #?
What type of QTY are you looking at for your first run?

Still waiting............

What's the harm in answering 2 simple questions that any wholesaler would ask?

These 2 questions would be what your price would be based on.
Gino - it believe you hit the nail on the head!!!

steve b

Welcome from So. Cal.
I don't see a any problem with you buying them wholesale.
Contact sign and Frame, a fellow from Maine...he is a member here looking for jobs.
I've heard he has has really good prices. He is a Merchant Member here ( Advertiser)
If your looking at buying some equipment check out Signwarehouse.com

steveb

GEARSLAYER

Guys, what does it take to be a wholesale customer? The answer varies with different suppliers. A DBA and a tax number I have. I know I am doing the right thing, and accept no different. I am having decals made for MY customers. Nobody elses. The first run might be 25-50 decals. I have found somebody though. Thanks for your interest.

As far as having passion and love for art, I have been designing for 20 years and love digital art. The decal thing is only a stepping stone for me to take what I love to the next level.

Finally, as far as my tone above...of course I will snap back when people come in here hot headed and full of it. ANYBODY that blackballs a vendor for helping out a legitimate customer...are the exact kind of trash I weed out at my sites.