• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello All

steeltech

My name is Chris. Im 29 and Im born and raised in Daytona Beach, Florida. My background has always been drawing and painting. Years back I was hired by a T-shirt company and was trained to work specifically with vector art and namedrops. I left this company to try my hand at drafting for a civil engineering firm where I realized I disliked the travel and the job itself. Luckily I had a copy of Corel Draw and spent all these years playing, practicing and getting better. I paired this with my miminal photoshop skills. I bounced around from job to job. I was never really satisfied and always seemed to dislike being dictated. My daughter was born over 3 years ago and thats when I got my act together. I had to accept a few jobs I didnt care for at the time. I worked as a maintenance man for BlueGreen resorts. I did things like plumbing, electrical, janitorial stuff. Great place to work, awesome benefits and good people. I just felt, as usual, that I needed to be doing more for myself. I left in January 2012 and started working for a local sign company. I worked for a husband and wife team. This started out as a great place to be. I learned to operate a Mimaki Jv3 160SP as well as a matching Mimaki Vinyl Plotter. I loved the work. What I didnt love was terrible direction, criticism, and stress from owners who were absent more than they were present. In a mater of weeks Ive been approved for a personal loan and found a shop location, equipment and optimism. I found this site while searching for a printer. I look forward to learning, receiving help, and offering anything I can to help others. Wish me luck and Thank you for accepting me here.

Chris