• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello. Anyone Know The Maximum Time For Laminition Using Roland Truvis Ink And Ecosolmax 2?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I am not understanding the question, do you want to know how long you need to wait before you laminate?

ikarasu

Probably. It varies... Some people do it right after it comes off the printer and swears they have no problems, some wait. You'll get 50 different answers to when should you laminate if you ask here.

Generally you're safe doing it as soon as it doesn't feel tacky... But I'd only do that in a rush. If I have the work order a day before it's due, I usually wait at least overnight.

I've only ever once had a problem with vinyl coming off when I couldn't figure out why, and I attributed it to it was a rush job, printed, laminated within an hour, and installed a few hours later. I try to wait now, but you should generally be fine if you don't. But if you have a 8 hour job with 10 sheets of vinyl, play it safe and wait

tim99

im going to assume you want to know the time to wait before laminating. in a rush i wait about 20 min. however most the time i try to at least wait a day, especially on prints with heavy ink.

Catherineeee

hello guys, sorry my bad.. let me rephrase my question. ¨how much time do i need to wait before doing the lamination using truevis and ecosol max2 inks?¨ i have VG-540 and VS-640i now, and we might get orders with lamination, so i want to have an idea on how much time i need to wait.

Catherineeee

Probably. It varies... Some people do it right after it comes off the printer and swears they have no problems, some wait. You'll get 50 different answers to when should you laminate if you ask here.

Generally you're safe doing it as soon as it doesn't feel tacky... But I'd only do that in a rush. If I have the work order a day before it's due, I usually wait at least overnight.

I've only ever once had a problem with vinyl coming off when I couldn't figure out why, and I attributed it to it was a rush job, printed, laminated within an hour, and installed a few hours later. I try to wait now, but you should generally be fine if you don't. But if you have a 8 hour job with 10 sheets of vinyl, play it safe and wait
thanks for your answer, so i can say you wait mostly 8hrs before laminating?

2ny

thanks for your answer, so i can say you wait mostly 8hrs before laminating?

I wait usually overnight with the prints before laminating. If I rush it I wait a couple of hours at least. Never had any complains or returns of prints. I seem to remember that a sales guy said that a couple of hours was enough with the eco sol max ink, but I have also heard or read that one should wait 72 hours before the ink is totally cured. I suppose it depends much on the materials, amount of ink and temperature. You could try to ask your material supplier, but I bet you'll have a bit of a long wait then. ;-)

Best of luck.
Tony

shadi75

owner
Hi

I like to add more to this thread, all i make are decals are wraps and i been using a roland vp-300 to print on orajet 3551RA and laminate with oraguard 290g. So far i print wait overnight and laminate the next day. But i been looking at the truevis series and it seems roland has stepped up and are fixing a lot of there issues. Whats attracting me is there claim that you don't have to wait anymore you can laminate right after you print.

Now my dealer recommended the vs-300i over the truevis sg , and he is also claiming there new eco sol max 2 inks will dry quick and i dont have to wait to laminate.

The other scary issue i read on this forum is the wraps showing white vinyl when stretched, that is a deal breaker for me.

Has anyone using the truevis series experiencing any of these issues , is the ink really that fast drying that you can laminate the wrap right away?

Let us now .

thank you
-shadi

Mainframe

I Have done it both ways with my VG 540 Truevis, I have not seen a problem yet, I normally wait a day before laminating but if the vehicle is at the shop and you mess a piece up you need to make it right away, I usually try to wait 2 hrs, then laminate.
I also have not experienced the "white" vinyl problem when stretching, I even heated some and stretched it to try to duplicate this and haven't seen it.

The prints come off the Truevis dry and VERY scratch resistant, with my old VP 540, if I sneezed on a banner before a 24 hr dry time it would scuff, (which in turn has made me a sharpie repair pro" if I didn't wait a day to hem I would mark it all up. Not so with my VG 540, I wait maybe 1 hr and flip the banner over and hem it, never marked them up at all, on the old VP I marked a lot of prints up just getting them rolled up after printing or on the table, not any more they are mostly dry by the time they hit the floor or the take up.

I also noticed the solid colors look exactly the same as cut vinyl, on my VP the greens were grainy (among many other colors) and the cutting is more accurate, one trick is you have to remove the roll of vinyl behind the machine when cutting a laminated print, and you have to slide the roll holders out of the way, the machine is so fast and strong the print can smack the roll holders back there and get knocked off it's marks.

The VG is the machine I thought I was getting when I bought my VP.

Also maintenance is way easier and faster, most of the ink is on the cap tops, you gotta keep them clean, the heads usually have very little ink on them,

AND make sure you use the media clamps, they are only the long ones with the VG and a lot of guys skip using them, you gotta remove them to cut off your media (machine senses if you have them on and warns you, no more cutter crash with the media clamps LOL) and it's easy to forget to put them back on, hence the never ending posts of "had to replace a zillion heads on my VG"

The True Vis is slightly different than the older printers, it takes a little to get used to it, once you get it down, it's all skate time.

I just printed a HUGE wall wrap for a local college, the color consistency from panel to panel was amazing, like the thing was screen printed no variations in the panels, this wrap was designed by a top notch designer and he is overseeing the job, he is so picky "but fair" I would never have gotten past him with my VP

shadi75

owner
Thank you that was very helpful.

As for the Eco sol max inks 2 vsi printers , i m going to take a good look to see if that is worth getting into.