Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello everyone from little rodie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by laforestsigns, Apr 13, 2005.

1. laforestsigns

laforestsigns Member

Apr 13, 2005
    WEVE BEEN IN OPERATION SINCE 1984 . MY GRANDFATHER STARTED THE COMPANY WHEN WE BECAME BORED FROM RETIREMENT. HE WAS A PAINTER IN THE ARMY AND AN AWSOME ARTIST. WE STARTED DOING PAINT AND AIRBRUSH. WE WAS REAL BIG IN THE LATE 70'S AND 80'S VAN MOVEMENT . WE BOUGHT OUR FIRST COMPUTER SYSTEM IN 1986. LOVELY ANAGRAPH WHICH WE STILL USE TO THIS DAY. IM 29 AND HAVE BEEN MAKING SIGNS SINCE 86-87 AS JUST A LITTLE BOY. SADLY MY GRANDFATHER PASSED AWAY LAST NOVEMBER AND IM GOING TO CARRY THE TORCH FOR MY SON 13MOS. TODAY WE USE ANAGRAPH AND FLEXI , AND HAVE A THRIVING BUISINESS . IM LOOKING TO EXPAND OUR BUISINESS TO DIGITAL PRINTING BUT IM LOOKING FOR THE BEST SYSTEM TO BUY . AND RECOMENDATIONS WOULD BE GREAT !!! I HOPE TO GET TO KNOW ALL OF YOU IN THE FUTURE. :signs101:

Tags:
  2. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    Hi and welcome. It is better if you don't write in all caps makes the posts hard to read. :biggrin:

3. jimdes

jimdes Active Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Welcome!

4. SteadyBenny

SteadyBenny Verboten

Mar 6, 2005
    I lived not to far away in Franklin, MA 1985-86, I left MA right after the Mets beat the Sox in the '86 World Series. I was a sheet metal worker in those days. My sister remained in MA several more years, up in Framingham, before moving to PA. I lived in CT (one in New London one in Bridgeport) for two years following my stay in Franklin before moving to NY.
    I'd say a little New England rubbed off on me, but not enough to make me like the Sox.

5. jimdes

jimdes Active Member

Dec 10, 2003
    That's alright Benny,

We don't want you anyways . . . LOL, just funin' ya! . . . and you can have the washed up bambino (spanish for baby . . . Pedro)

And here's a pic I took for ya just in case you forgot what it looks like . . .

Attached Files:

6. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    As far as digital printing, there is no "best" printer out there. You have to weigh speed, ink cost, and printer cost. For a printer to get your feet wet with, I like the Mutoh 48" outdoor, and it runs in the 12-14k range. There is the Mimaki JV3-SP. It prints about 80-160 sq. ft. hour in the 24-26K range. Today I was testing a Seiko Colorpainter 64s. 4X8 banners in 10 min. flat w/out banding! It takes the 48" Outdoor about 35min w/little banding and 70 min w/o, but the price is 12k vs. 33k. The 72si Gator for Colorspan would print the same 4x8 banner in 4:45 min, but that will set you back 55K! Right now Colorspan is "working" for my business. Seiko? Im still working on them. :)

ink cost per foot

Mutoh Outdoor .40-.49 per ft 3 yr
    Mimaki JV3-SP .28-.38 per ft 5 yr
    Seiko Colorpainter .24-.33 per ft 5 yr
    Colorspan 72si .09-.19 per ft 5 yr

*These numbers and stats are only the opinion of LvDecals and are not meant to be facts.

7. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Welcome to our forum.

:signs101:

8. SteadyBenny

SteadyBenny Verboten

Mar 6, 2005
    I hate the Mets almost as much as I hate the Sox. We go to the stadium for 2-3 games a year out in the bleachers. Because I have a Yankees Visa card, I get a pair of free seats once a year, but they are pretty high up in the upper deck. My brother-in-law has a subscription for 4 seats way up in the upper deck, higher than the freebies... He sells most of the games. He only keeps the subscription to get playoff seats, though I went to a game against the Twins with him in 2003. I have to say that is far, far up. I actually think the bleachers are better. Last game I was at Pedro got rocked something like 11 to 1 last fall. The best part was we were close to Manny and he took a lot of heckling, mainly because he can't stop fussing with his pants and shoes.

9. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    Hi

10. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Welcome Rodie.

Jimdes, the way Pedro is pitching, I'm glad he's no longer a Sox player. Yes, I'm a huge Met fan. For the record, I hate the Yankees, so I obviously love to see the Red Sox win. Go Mets and Red Sox.

George

11. seaviewsigns

seaviewsigns Member

Dec 7, 2004
    who's this Pedro guy you're talking about??

haha!!!

welcome, from the armpit of New England