• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Hello everyone! Installer from KS and now WI.

KeepItGreen

Hi! It is nice to see forums like these where people are so open to helping others in the business.
My name is Devin. I'm a vinyl graphics installer originally from Kansas and am now based in Wisconsin. I received training from working for 3M Certified installers for 2.5yrs, for which I am very thankful that I did not get trained into bad habits. They receive the utmost respect and credit for getting me to the point that I am at!
At the moment I am growing my business installing vinyl graphics independently. No company name yet, but that will come when it comes. I have hopes of eventually doing color changes, having my own shop, and possibly other things like designing depending on my situation down the road. Also on my way to getting 3M certified myself and definitely other certifications as well. Should I be saying all this? Haha.
I am not a sign maker but I have installed a few different signs over the years as well. To get an idea of my experience I have been part of/installed myself over 1000 vehicle wraps as well as wall and window graphics. This also includes box trucks and semi trailers. Quality and speed is what I am all about!

As far as my handle it means three different things... It is a term/inside joke of the corporate world meaning keep it politically correct and/or non offensive as to avoid HR situations. Kind of comedy imo.
Also is my last name, Green.
More importantly I'd like to cross KeepItGreen's meaning over into recycling vinyl and backing. Over the years I have seen how much waste is produced by merely installing vinyl graphics, mainly vinyl backing. If I can eventually find a way to recycle backing in a beneficial way, I will do it. Although the problem of landfills is much much bigger than backing and vinyl, and my efforts will not eliminate that problem, I am always for reusing/recycling materials as it may be a small step in the right direction. I still need to do my research about this and see where it leads me. I may sound like an environmentalist but I am merely interested in eliminating waste.

I joined the forums to find helpful info and to stay current with the industry. If you read all of this I applaud you! Haha.

Last edited:

AKwrapguy

More importantly I'd like to cross KeepItGreen's meaning over into recycling vinyl and backing. Over the years I have seen how much waste is produced by merely installing vinyl graphics, mainly vinyl backing. If I can eventually find a way to recycle backing in a beneficial way, I will do it. Although the problem of landfills is much much bigger than backing and vinyl, and my efforts will not eliminate that problem, I am always for reusing/recycling materials as it may be a small step in the right direction. I still need to do my research about this and see where it leads me. I may sound like an environmentalist but I am merely interested in eliminating waste

Welcome.

As far as recycling, I've heard that HP will recycle their paper backing. We also re-use our paper backing for shipping supplies. I ask about recycling when talking to reps when ever I get a chance. Usually told the same thing... 'We're looking into it'.

KeepItGreen

Thank you for the welcomes!

AKwrapguy, If i ever use HP I will keep that in mind. I wonder if anything can be done with 3M controltac backing.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
A bit late on the 'official' welcome - but wanted to say hello to you KeepItGreen and welcome you to the community.
Nice what... triple entendre of a username? :eek: Very creative actually. :D
Anyway - Signs101 has a lot of helpful info and members willing to share their expertise. So we hope you enjoy your stay.
And thanks for your support in becoming a Premium member. Enjoy!

SignsSupport