• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello everyone, Views on Canon iPF8100?

gtfcniles

Hi Everyone,

My first post, little about me, i'm from the UK. Looking at getting an indoor printer to print off wall prints to cover whole walls, this is a small project more for my girlfriend who is training to be a nurse and looking for additional income while she does this, while I will help out when i'm not at work.

Anyway, i'm looking at getting a Canon iPF8100, i've read good reviews about these being excellent indoor printers. Does anyone have any experience with using these to print onto vinyl? I would like to offer both gloss and matt finishes (is this possible with this printer?) I've tried finding information about it but the only vinyl I can find that it prints on is from the manufacturers website listed as "Adhesive Matt Stretch Vinyl".

I've see one supplier here in the UK that offers a vinyl that you can easily peal off when its finished with, I imagine this would probably be the easiest to hang without getting bubbles? Or would I be better off printing on canvas/paper and pasting it onto the wall? I know the printer offers boardless printing (which is what we would want for this application), is this done with a cutter? and if so how does it cut both sides at once as its printing? Or does it just print right up to the edge?

Thanks in advance, I hope to learn a lot here.

Chris

danno

We have an iPF9000 here and really like it. The print quality is phenomenal. I would try to acquire some sample medias to test before I went with any specific media. Also, if you haven't purchased the machine, see if they will let you take the printer for a test drive. If you have some print files and a specific media you might like, take them with you to see if you achieve the desired results. As for the borderless printing, we have never been able to accomplish that in our shop. We will purchase a slightly larger media than the desired print and trim to size afterward. Hope this helps and happy printing!!!

gtfcniles

We have an iPF9000 here and really like it. The print quality is phenomenal. I would try to acquire some sample medias to test before I went with any specific media. Also, if you haven't purchased the machine, see if they will let you take the printer for a test drive. If you have some print files and a specific media you might like, take them with you to see if you achieve the desired results. As for the borderless printing, we have never been able to accomplish that in our shop. We will purchase a slightly larger media than the desired print and trim to size afterward. Hope this helps and happy printing!!!

Thanks for the advice.

Do you know what type of vinyl that sticks to walls but can then be removed without leaving any marks? Just trying to price everything up.

Thanks,

Chris

Photolew

I have an iPF8300, which I think is the successor to the 8100, it's been a good printer. I mainly use it for printing on photo paper. However I've also used it to print on some satin banner material, and I just ordered some polyester banner material to print some inside banners with.​

V-P

What is the price of a 42" roll of phototex for pigment ink ?

I don't have it in my country, so I guess I would have to buy it online.